GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict : Desert Storm"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/07/02 at 20:54
Regular
I have wanted this game since january and this has been my most wanted game since then (i wanted it more then Metal Gear Solid 2) and this game is going to be amazing.

Basically you take control of either four American Delta force people or four British SAS soldiers, the missions stay the same but the combat gear and the accents change.

You start off as a single soldier but your first mission involves rescuing a prisoner from the iraqi guards, this prisoner is infact the top sniper rifle guy so then he joins your quest and you have two people, eventually you will have four people in your squad and they can look after themselves.

They are gonna be the most realistic AI ever and they will protect you if you decide to go in alone (apparantly) they decide which gun they want to use in certain situations and they can think like real soldiers, one example that i have read about is that if there is a group of soldiers and you hide and decide to attack one of the other characters controlled by the computer will throw a grenade at them without you telling them to, they wont however throw the grenade at just one person because it would be a waste.

The four characters are meant to be really easy to control by just using the D - Pad to switch between the characters so you dont need to bother with any of them map thingys that the PC stratedgy games bother with.

Each character has a special role assigned to him, they are, rifleman,technician, heavy weapons man and leader. The others can do all the same jobs but the person who is aquired to do the job does it best.

Your characters build up experience points and that is why it is invaluable to not lose a character you have had for say 5 levels because he would have been an expert at shooting and keeping cool etc, but when he does get really badly injured you have 3 minutes exactly to get to him or he dies and a rookie comes in who cant shoot properly etc.

One good thing that looks good is the fact that you can get a target locked in like a tank and then you can call an air strike and watch as the F-16s fly in and blow up the target.

You can ambush people by skillfully setting your troops up and then giving them the order of "attack".
Talking of Orders there are a few, to be activated all you need to do is press L1 and then either triangle, circle or X and that will make them either, "stay back and cover you" "charge" or "follow me".

Conflict desert storm supports mulitplayer but its only two player which im happy with, you can ambush your mates etc.
Mon 19/08/02 at 21:38
Regular
This game will rule
Tue 20/08/02 at 14:10
I have found some information on this brilliant game.

I got this information from www.sci.co.uk

Here is the information:

Genre: Stealth Action
Release Date: September 2002

On the morning of 2nd August 1990, 300,000 Iraqi troops invaded Kuwait, an action that would culminate in the Gulf War. After diplomatic efforts failed, the opposing coalition forces responded by preparing offensive operations, codenamed 'Desert Storm'. Desert Storm delivered a decisive victory, one that was achieved through meticulous planning, superb training and daring execution. Fundamental to its success were the activities of the Elite Special Forces - small teams of highly trained soldiers tasked with infiltrating enemy territory to neutralise key targets.

Conflict: Desert Storm lets you take charge of the best known and most feared special operations forces in the world: the elite British SAS or the US Delta Force squads. You're the best trained, best equipped and best organised Special Forces in the world. The area that has been assigned to you is yours for the taking. Seek, locate and destroy enemy targets and personnel. Create havoc and confusion throughout the enemy's lines of communication and supply. What lies before you is an opportunity in a soldier's lifetime. Take your equipment, take your training and use it well.

Based around the events of the Gulf War, Conflict: Desert Storm places you in the midst of real war environments. Highly covert missions take you through hostile environments where only your expertise in stealth, tactics and firepower will ensure success and the safety of your men. Your missions are as unpredictable as they are dangerous; from defending to attacking, you'll need to be adept at all aspects of combat. Your assignments will take you from Al Khafji, where you'll need to defend the town and slow the advance of the Iraqi invasion, to deep desert on vital scud-hunting missions, right up to Baghdad itself, on highly secretive rescue and assassination operations.
Conflict: Desert Storm is a 3rd person squad based action game that has unprecedented realism and depth and is a carefully balanced equation of fast paced action, stealth and tactical warfare.

Hope this gives you a Clearer idea on what the game is about.
Tue 20/08/02 at 18:32
Regular
Yeh i have been playing it all day today, some things for you to look out for are the AK-47 which i give to Foley and i keep Bradley with the M16 so they both can protect themselves, i cant wait to control four people!
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:45
SherDogg wrote:

1990, 300,000 Iraqi troops invaded
> Kuwait

Thats an awfull lot lot people. Most of the world population if not all i think. Not including cells. There are too many cells in the world to count, that figure was just for whole humans.
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:47
And KR, stopping spamming up this thread.
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:50
Regular
"es argh"
It's a crap game really.

The demo was of sub-par standard, the controls were naff, The graphics were misleading and dull, and the gameplay wasn't interesting in the slightest.

Kr, t'is a crap game

:D
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:03
Regular
Shut up Geek.

Go and play with your Jak and Daxter.
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Got the game today. Its nice.
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:06
KR wrote:
> Shut up Geek.
>
> Go and play with your Jak and Daxter.

Shat up you stupid gayboy. Im coming there right now to tie you up, tape your eyelids open with that glitter shiny tape stuff from partners and making you watch episode 3246 of star trek back to back. HAHAHAHA.
Thu 22/08/02 at 20:48
Regular
Yes matt :-(

and shut up gayboy who likes cola

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.