GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Guitarist?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/07/02 at 22:11
Regular
Ok so this may not get replies.
I hope it will though.

Do you have a favourite guitarist?

Mine is without a doubt Frankie Sullivan,from Survivor.

He is a living legend.

There are the overrated ones like The Edge and Yngwie Malmsteen ,and then the ones who spend their lives doing stuff thats life changing ,and it goes un-noticed.

It's an ultimate sin.
Mon 22/07/02 at 23:46
Regular
".......on the attac"
SHEEPY wrote:
> How about Paranoid Android you mook

Of course there are going to be exceptions and I did say that I hadn't heard any Radiohead songs which had solos in them.

Guess I shouldn't post in a thread full of school kids. You wouldn't know any better anyway, with all the crap these days that claims to be rock.

At least none of you have put the guitarist from the altogether awful Alien Ant Farm.
Mon 22/07/02 at 23:56
Regular
".......on the attac"
monkey_man wrote:
"Greenwood and Coxon are two of the most inventive guitarists of the last 10/15 years."

Yep they sure are. In your opinion. 10/15 years covers a great deal of music and basically a lot more than the likes of both Blur and Radiohead.

There are many guitarists who have written and performed some absolutely brilliant music in that time scale:

Slash - Guns N' Roses
Jim Martin - Faith No More
Bob Mould - Sugar
Lenny Kravitz
Kurt Cobain
Noel Gallagher
Paul Weller
Andy Bell - Ride
Billy Corgan - Smashing Pumpkins
Frank Black - Pixies
Kim Deal - Breeders
John Squire - Stone Roses

and many more......

To weed it down to just Coxon and Greenwood as being inventive is strange.....
Tue 23/07/02 at 10:19
Graham Coxon- For producing the most most messed up solos ever to grace the top ten.

I am a great believer in the idea that you have to be a very good gutarist to sound that bad. You have to get to a high level of guitar playing to begin to unlearn what you have already learned.

I am not a big fan of the fretw**kers like Vai and Satriani.

Others I like are Hendrix, Nick Macabe(the Verve),Jonny Marr and and Greenwood.
Tue 23/07/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Stone Gossard - the master of mixing hooks, riffs, rhythms and leads

Tom Morello - because he superseeded everyone with making the guitar sound different.

Jimmy Page - Cos he wrote black dog.. and no-one looked so cool playing a guitar

Pete Townshend - You talk about feel look no further than this man.
Tue 23/07/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tom Morello & Adam Jones - for making their guitars do more than just play chord and flashy solos.
Tue 23/07/02 at 11:20
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Damn I knew I forgot to put Adam Jones.
Tue 23/07/02 at 18:37
Regular
Noel Gallagher
Tue 23/07/02 at 19:25
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
My GOD Yngqsitie Malmstemsmemd gets me annoyed. All these people worshipping him as a geetar gawd because he can play scales really fast...ugh...

My favourite two are Jimi Hendrix (because of his great skills AND emotion), and myself (because I rule, and I can play New Born and Plug In Baby and Smooth by Santana and Voodoo Child and Purple Haze and other stuff).
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Wes Borland
Tue 23/07/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Matt Bellamy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.