GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's happening here?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/07/02 at 18:36
Regular
I don't know about you but it seems like everytime I come on these chatforums it just isn't as fun anymore. That is in no way due to the staff who have provided an excellent forum for us. Nor is it down to most of the people on this site.

Because my internet access is free after 6 o' clock, I used to wait in anticpation for 6 so I could come on the forums and read what people had written, whether it be an entertaining spoof, thought-provoking topic on games or even mindless silliness, which in moderation, is fun.

Now I come on and I can hardly recognise the place. I still visit the site often, but I have less enthusiasm. Just to re-iterate what I said earlier, this is in no-way down to the staff. The dynamics just seem to have changed. Everyday I see JATs who were banned yesterday re-sign with another stupid name committing the same crimes and writing the same crap. In the past when people were banned it was a shameful occurence, but people just seem to openly admit they were banned and go on to commit the same offences. And with each growing day there seems to be more and more. For people who are JATs and genuinely interested in joining and having fun it is becoming harder and harder to fit in, because people are so cynical and suspicious (which in the current climate is understandable). No wonder Tony was wondering why such a small percentage of visitors to teh site actually join.

Maybe I'm not the person that should be saying this. I'm only a regular and have been here considerably less than some well established regulars, and of course, the notables. But as someone who is proud to be part of these forums, I am disheartened and disappointed to see FOG chat pale in comparison to its former self as each day passes. Make of this what you will - agree or disagree, this is what I feel.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:36
Regular
I don't know about you but it seems like everytime I come on these chatforums it just isn't as fun anymore. That is in no way due to the staff who have provided an excellent forum for us. Nor is it down to most of the people on this site.

Because my internet access is free after 6 o' clock, I used to wait in anticpation for 6 so I could come on the forums and read what people had written, whether it be an entertaining spoof, thought-provoking topic on games or even mindless silliness, which in moderation, is fun.

Now I come on and I can hardly recognise the place. I still visit the site often, but I have less enthusiasm. Just to re-iterate what I said earlier, this is in no-way down to the staff. The dynamics just seem to have changed. Everyday I see JATs who were banned yesterday re-sign with another stupid name committing the same crimes and writing the same crap. In the past when people were banned it was a shameful occurence, but people just seem to openly admit they were banned and go on to commit the same offences. And with each growing day there seems to be more and more. For people who are JATs and genuinely interested in joining and having fun it is becoming harder and harder to fit in, because people are so cynical and suspicious (which in the current climate is understandable). No wonder Tony was wondering why such a small percentage of visitors to teh site actually join.

Maybe I'm not the person that should be saying this. I'm only a regular and have been here considerably less than some well established regulars, and of course, the notables. But as someone who is proud to be part of these forums, I am disheartened and disappointed to see FOG chat pale in comparison to its former self as each day passes. Make of this what you will - agree or disagree, this is what I feel.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:41
I do agree with you and admit I do the odd spam but I would never cheat or anything and the JATs the ones banned are a compleat pain in the butt. Its like at the moment with The fido leaving post we are having so much fun but it only takes one idiot to spoil it.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I agree with this.

It's sad how stupid the forums have been getting recently.

Although, if I'm correct, this was what it was like last summer also. Summertime - the time for newbies.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:43
Whats happening here is the forums are becoming more and more full of stupid topics and longest thread attempts that are not interesting at all. Honestly, what is the world coming to?
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:44
With any luck they might hibernate for the winter :0)
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:45
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
When I first came to the forums I did not post anything for a little while, just read a few topics. If only the newbie's and Just arrived users did this. Maybe SR can put something like 'read a few posts and topics, so you can get a feel for the forums' on the chat page:) Over the past week I have noticed a lot of stupid topics and its really not fair, people who spend time writing good posts are just having their topics pushed to the bottom. The nintendo forum seems fine, and recently I have been viewing every topic in there. FOG (chat) is bound to have more topics but I wish that some people *cough* smoking guns *cough* would quit making dumb topics.
:) Well said Russ.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:45
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Gah, whatchagonnado.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:49
Regular
As a result of the aforementioned problems, less and less of the good regulars post, and this only serves to worsen the problem.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, it's true that the Nintendo forum has been improving lately. It used to be full of spamming newbies, but now it is fine, and the posters on it can now chat about normal things without fanboys interrupting, "GC is da best!" every few posts.

FOG (Chat) is going mad with spammers now. There is a new one every day, although I'm pretty sure it's old members that have been banned just coming back again.

Sad.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:53
From what I've seen, I have to agree. Although, I've only been here for just under two weeks so I can't say I understand what it used to be like.

The fact that people can just come back on after being banned can be annoying for some of the ones that come back. GasMask is an exception because he's a interesting guy. I was accused of being Shaneo, and I've only just found out who he is, so I have experienced first-hand the suspiciousness of people.

I think this place IS interesting but, then again, I don't have anything earlier to compare it to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.