GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD vs VHS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/07/02 at 15:56
Regular
Which is better really there is no contest but i'm just interested in who's modern (21st century) or the old fasioned (20th century).
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:42
Regular
"Nickelback RULE!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> DVDs aren't that all expensive. After all you could spend £15 on
> a DVD film, which has superior sound and picture quality, not to
> mention filled with extras, or you could spend less money on a VHS
> tape which has crap picture and sound quality and fades faster as the
> time moves on.
>
> The only thing I use VHS tapes for now is to tape things off the TV,
> and given the choice, and the money, I'd get that new DVD recorder.

Actualy you can buy one cheeper than that in fact you don't have to pay at all if you win GAD.
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
DVDs aren't that all expensive. After all you could spend £15 on a DVD film, which has superior sound and picture quality, not to mention filled with extras, or you could spend less money on a VHS tape which has crap picture and sound quality and fades faster as the time moves on.

The only thing I use VHS tapes for now is to tape things off the TV, and given the choice, and the money, I'd get that new DVD recorder.
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Nickelback RULE!!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> smoking guns wrote:
> DVD DVD DVD thats all the votes are.
>
> ---
>
> Well, did you expect that people would go for the old VHS over the new
> DVD system.

Yes but some people might think they are to expensive etc.
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
smoking guns wrote:
> DVD DVD DVD thats all the votes are.

---

Well, did you expect that people would go for the old VHS over the new DVD system.
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Nickelback RULE!!!!"
DVD DVD DVD thats all the votes are.
Sat 20/07/02 at 13:13
I dare say that a similar discussion was had about C.D's and audio cassettes.

That wasn't really a contest either. We will all succumb to the almighty discs.
Sat 20/07/02 at 12:58
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
DVD is obviously better.
Sat 20/07/02 at 11:19
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> U can’t compare DVD and VHS. DVD is only playback. I know u can now
> get a recording DVD drive, but only if you have a spare £800.
> You can't call that affordable.

It was the same for VHS years and years ago though. New is always expensive. Intime, it'll come down in price.
Sat 20/07/02 at 11:06
Regular
U can’t compare DVD and VHS. DVD is only playback. I know u can now get a recording DVD drive, but only if you have a spare £800. You can't call that affordable. VHS is a cheap recording system (about £80 now). Only when record able DVD gets down around the £200 mark will people consider it over VHS for recording. But this does not take away from the quality issue however. DVD is far better in terms of picture and sound, plus u often get extra's on a disc. It's just an issue of price. Then again, you can now buy a SKY+ hard disc recorder which can record one satellite channel, while u view another satellite channel at the same time for a little over £200. This could yet become the standard way of recording, while DVD is only used for pre-recorded discs.
Fri 19/07/02 at 19:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Fog wrote:
I can't imagine a load of his mates crowded around
> his 15" monitor.

----------

The posse and I have watched a few DVDs on my mate's laptop. Only trouble is, if you're sat at an angle from the screen, you can barely make anything out (people with laptops will know what I mean)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.