GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/11/00 at 12:29
Regular
Just had the best phone call of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just phoned 0990 998877 with yet another enquiry, and spoke to a lovely lady who if i wasn't married i would have asked her to be my wife.

She said that their system has been updated today, and, i've definetely got a launch day console. The letters are going out as we speak, and we should receive them within the week.

This is a great day indeed. Good luck everyone.
Fri 10/11/00 at 12:29
Just had the best phone call of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just phoned 0990 998877 with yet another enquiry, and spoke to a lovely lady who if i wasn't married i would have asked her to be my wife.

She said that their system has been updated today, and, i've definetely got a launch day console. The letters are going out as we speak, and we should receive them within the week.

This is a great day indeed. Good luck everyone.
Fri 10/11/00 at 13:11
Congratulations, Kieran!!!

Well guys (and girls?), it's just TWO WEEKS away!

That's 14 days, or 336 hours, or 20160 minutes, or 1209600 seconds (approximately). Start counting down!
Fri 10/11/00 at 13:26
Well, I just called the line and (eventually) spoke to an unhelpful chap who refused to confirm anything , checked against my order number and name , informed me a letter had gone out and should be with me next week.
He was unable to see the contents of the letter (i.e. date) and even if he could he would not tell me as it's confidential.

That mean one of us was lied to Kieran - I hope it was me for both our sakes !

AGGGHHHhhhhh......
Fri 10/11/00 at 13:40
We have had this before, some people on the helpline being a lot more helpful than others. I told the lady that i spoke to that i had been told before, and was told later that this information was not to be given out, and she assured me that this was 100% genuine. She even knew which retail outlet that i was collecting my PS2 from, so i believe her.

Me getting this information could be because i have continually phoned and harassed the helpline to such an extent that they even e-mailed SCEE head office for me. When i phoned up today there was a note from SCEE on my account with the information attached to it. Being a pessimist and a control freak does pay off at times.

And another point, if Sony are to be believed, and it is on a first come, first served basis, that is good news for all who pre-ordered on the 7th sept. I didn't pre-order until the 12th.

Apparently the pre-orders that were left over, (165,000 instead of 200,000) were held by retailers that had not advertised the fact that they had any forms. How must they be feeling now?
Fri 10/11/00 at 14:30
Could anyone tell me the phone number. When I got the original e-mail confirmation it didn't include a number.

Thanks
Fri 10/11/00 at 14:32
Durrrrr I am stupid. The phone number is in the original message.

Look, it's Friday afternoon and it's been a looooong week.
Fri 10/11/00 at 15:08
Let us know how you get on with the phone call.
Fri 10/11/00 at 15:57
Regular
Just to confirm that i phoned the number and spoke to a very nice lady Natalie who confirmed everything i had been told before that i am getting a launch date PS2 and the letters have gone out and sould be here early next week.

For those that cannot wait be persistant on the phone and ask them to confirm the information you believe is true.

Now to ring EB to see what time they are opening on 24th
Fri 10/11/00 at 16:18
I spoke to a helpful bloke (unusual for call centres on a Friday afternoon!).

He said that his screen showed that a letter was posted on 7th Nov. but he didn't have info. as to whether I'll be one of the lucky recipients on launch day.

I also asked if the PS2 comes with a demo disc and he said he thought it did but he couldn't be sure. Anyone know more about this?
Fri 10/11/00 at 17:19
Apparently it does, as there's a version of BASIC on the CD which you can to write simple programs.

No idea what else is on it though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.