GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/11/00 at 12:29
Regular
Just had the best phone call of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just phoned 0990 998877 with yet another enquiry, and spoke to a lovely lady who if i wasn't married i would have asked her to be my wife.

She said that their system has been updated today, and, i've definetely got a launch day console. The letters are going out as we speak, and we should receive them within the week.

This is a great day indeed. Good luck everyone.
Tue 14/11/00 at 13:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I got mine 2 weeks ago by winning a competiton. Unfortunately it's a US version, so needed a little adaptation for over here (thanks, Tandy), and I'd just like to say it makes the PS look like a Gameboy in comparison. It's fantastic. I just hope you guys and gals get one too and join the club.
Tue 14/11/00 at 13:07
I pre-ordered my PS2 on 7th September, filled in the form, paid the deposit, sat back and waited.

5 weeks later, a letter arrived confirming my place in the queue.

Still not heard anything as to a delivery date!!!!!!

I'M GOING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 14/11/00 at 10:24
Well I have my fingers crossed. But as I have moved recently I have no phone at the moment and no access to the net unless I am at work.
Mon 13/11/00 at 22:18
Matt dont worry, PSUK Customer Services arent allowed to tell you when youre going to be recieving the PS2, Id suggest you phone them up, theyd definately be able to give you a firm answer. Colin isnt very forthcoming, I tried to get written confirmation even though I already know Im getting one on release day and they still wouldnt tell me!
Mon 13/11/00 at 16:10
I am still not definate whether I have one on release day or not but I received this email from Sony Customer Services Today:

Thanks for your e-mail regarding your PS2 pre-order.

Any issues regarding the allocation of PS2's to this country should not effect any customer who has already placed a pre-order which has been validated.

At this time it appears as though your PS2 will be available for collection on launch day. However please await written notification from SCEE to confirm this. The letters should be sent out in the next few days, and you
should recieve yours soon.

Regards,

Colin
PSUk Consumer Services

Sounds like he is covering his back there!!!! Oh well I hope that I will receive THE letter soon then I will know.

Then all I have to do is work out how to pay for all the stuff I want on release day.
Sun 12/11/00 at 22:45
Sounds like a good idea Damo, but make sure that someone keeps the car running for you.

If i think about it, the only things that will try and mug me in Porthmadog are the pigeons.
Sun 12/11/00 at 11:59
What Ill do Kieran is use my car to bash my way through the early morning traffic, screech into the Woolies car park round the back, run round, get the PS2, go through the goods entrance to get back to my car, and drive off hopefully without anyone seeing my with it. From start to finish should be about five minutes and Im calling it Operation get the bloody thing before someone mugs you!
Sat 11/11/00 at 21:59
> Does anybody know if the original playstation scart>RF adapter
> will work with ps2?

According to the latest edition of the Official PlayStation Magazine, your current PS1 RF lead *will* work with PS2.

The only thing that won't work (iff you have one) is your multi-tap.
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:56
Regular
"Touched!"
ok my pre-order number is 0276197.. i ordered from game...any more probs with email me .. [email protected]
cheers for this :)
and yes i am the Spikecast on Gameplay :)
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:28
Regular
They normally ask you name has a security check and you may be asked where you preordered the machine from

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.