GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where have all the Gamecube games gone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 11:59
Regular
I recently brought a Gamecube and while I am perfectly happy with the console and Rogue Squadron has some amazing graphics. But since buying it a couple of months ago there is not one game I would currently buy for it the choice is quite appalling and where are these 50 games by the summer and more worryingly where are exclusives.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:34
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> I COMPLETELY agree with the original topic! I bought a GC at release
> with Rogue Leader and Super Monkey Ball. They're both great games, but
> the only games out now that I want to buy are Pikmin and Smash Bros
> (perhaps Luigi's Mansion).

Then you'd have the same 5 as me (although Luigi's Mansion is short, it's well worth it if you can pick it up second hand for 25 quid like I did).

> Sure there's this massive release of promised games, but things have
> dried up a bit at the moment. The next big release will probably be
> the Resident Evil games.

That's about it until Sepember really. Those 5 are the only really essential exclusives.

BUT, there's a whole wealth of multiformat games if you REALLY need something more. And I've yet to hear of the PS2 and Xbox giving out real blockbusters this Summer.

Besides, waiting until September for the next wave of releases (including Resi, Die Hard and Turok) closely followed by some SERIOUS titles following in October (Mario and Eternal Darkness).
Not so bad seeing as the PS2 had to wait over 6 months for GT3.

And should you get Smash Brothers, provided you have gaming friends/siblings to play against, it should help those months of waiting wizz by!
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> hmmm, Ninty bashing. No i wouldn't make the GC my first choice. PS2
> has more games, and plays DVD's from the start. However, if i were to
> get a 2nd machine, then the GC would probably be it - for those few
> games that are only on GC. And Ninty are more likely to produce
> "different" stuff to compliment my PS2. Where as an Xbox
> will mostly just clone my PS2 software library.

That was VERY well put.
I've been saying things along those lines for a while.
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:46
Regular
Super Mario Sunshine? Turok Evolution? They'll be good.
Also - good games out now:
ISS2, Burnout, THPS3.. it goes on..
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I COMPLETELY agree with the original topic! I bought a GC at release with Rogue Leader and Super Monkey Ball. They're both great games, but the only games out now that I want to buy are Pikmin and Smash Bros (perhaps Luigi's Mansion).

Sure there's this massive release of promised games, but things have dried up a bit at the moment. The next big release will probably be the Resident Evil games.

Sonic
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:59
Regular
It's definately been confirmed that Squaresoft are going to make them for Gamecube, but whether it's exclusive or not, I'm not sure.
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:49
Is that confirmed yet?
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:38
Regular
FFX is one of the best games on the PS2 and considering the series is coming to GC, I think that might just do it.
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:33
Regular
I think (IMO) the Gamecube will surpass the quality of the games on the PS2, but I can't see it catching up sales wise.
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:30
Regular
Nintendo are probably the most consistent games company there is, and with a little time, I think the GC will surpass the PS2.
Fri 12/07/02 at 13:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There are more PS2 games because the console has had over a year on the market, hence why it's the biggest console seller right now. As for the DVD player, well that's a nice option to have, but not really necessary for a games machine, and besides I've already got a PS2, so already have a DVD player.

As for the games, well I've spent more time playing the three games I have for my GC, than the two games I first got with my PS2 a year ago. Besides, there is a real lack of top quality games for all consoles right now, with most of the big titles being released after summer, and earlier next year.

Also, I don't want too many games right at the moment, as I haven't the time or money to play them all, so I'll use this time to go back and play thought some of my other games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.