GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hi everybody your Xbox and Dreamcast dissing best bud is back. Miss me? is back"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 10:54
Regular
Was a good day yesterday with a lot of good response lets hope it continues today.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:57
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> ....and it was a good job Nintendo had the GameBoy at the same time as
> the N64. Nintendo would have been in real financial trouble if they
> only had the N64 bringing in the cash!

Fool, do you realise that Nintendo made more profit from N64's than Sony made from Playstation.

Jesus, I just love fanboys does me.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:55
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> The only reason why Resi Evil sold well (yet was on multiple discs),
> was due to the fact that there was no way around it back then. No DVD,
> back then, so if you wanted a big game it had to be split over several
> cds.

You feckin moron I'm talking about the Resident Evil update on Gamecube. Please take your biased moronic comments to a message board that cares, we have no time for inbreds like yourself.
Thu 11/07/02 at 15:44
Regular
....and it was a good job Nintendo had the GameBoy at the same time as the N64. Nintendo would have been in real financial trouble if they only had the N64 bringing in the cash!
Thu 11/07/02 at 15:29
Regular
The only reason why Resi Evil sold well (yet was on multiple discs), was due to the fact that there was no way around it back then. No DVD, back then, so if you wanted a big game it had to be split over several cds. Same goes for FF back then. But that was in the past. There's a format out now called DVD which can hold really big games. But Nintendo thought it was rubbish and went away and blew loads of dosh on a low capacity custom disc design. Ahh but Panasonic make a machine called the "Q" which has a hybrid DVD/GC drive.... Well you could always get one on import, and waste a load more cash on a machine that wont be popular due to price. And even if you do have a GC, there are few native/exclusive games for it. Just buy a ps2 to start with and be done with it. You get CD, DVD all in, and it's got the most games.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:25
Regular
The advent of Next Gen technology such as DVD has allowed software to be produced on one disc alone. The fact that Nintendo insist on going down the none standard format route does not mean it has achieved something original rather more that it could not be bothered or would not spend the money necessary to include dvd into the GC capabilities. How can any company in the technology business ignore the fastest selling format ever made and then turn around and say we don't think dvd will take off. The truth is that Nintendo were greedy and because they are custom discs they can charge more for manufacturing and production, sounds a bit like a cartridge based system I once knew..
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:13
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> ahh yea but....
> Nobody bought Video CD movies (VCD), because most films had to be
> split over 2 discs. Why should the public put up with poor design.
> Point is they don't, and they buy something else!

You fool, there's a massive difference between movies and games, if they don't buy it then why the hell has Resi Evil sold so well?

Go away, form a decent argument, maybe experience puberty and then maybe people will care what you have to say.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:11
Regular
I see that the new windows OS XP2 is going to treble in price, so Microsoft can recoup some of the 400million dollars it will lose this year and the 700million it will lose next year, this console will make us all pay in the long run.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:10
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There's nothing really wrong with multiple disk games.
So Resident Evil may be 2 disks, but does that really matter? After all, Metal Gear Solid on the PSone, Final Fantasy 7 & 8 were multiple disk games but it didn't do them any harm.
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Microgarlicbread wrote:
> Dave RJR wrote:
> Problem was, few people bought them. Then the issue of carts holding
> 256Mb (CD is like 650Mb i think). Sounds like Nintendo have gone
> down
> same road again. That nice little disc only holds 1.5Gb. A DVD can
> hold 8.5Gb on one side. GameCube Resi already planned for 2 GC
> discs!
>
>
> OH MY GOD!!!!! TWO DISCS!!!! NINTENDO HAVE SEALED THEIR FATE!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
> Pr*ck!

Hehe!
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:07
Regular
ahh yea but....
Nobody bought Video CD movies (VCD), because most films had to be split over 2 discs. Why should the public put up with poor design. Point is they don't, and they buy something else!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.