GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What can the X-Box actually do??????"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 00:33
Regular
Ok its a console made by microsoft and the first, so we can give it a chance but does it have what it takes to compete with all the other consoles?
Sat 13/07/02 at 09:31
Regular
"accidental superher"
i have:

halo
dead or alive 3
rallisport challenge
jet set radio future
amped
project gotham racing
oddworld
gun valkyrie
genma onimusha -okay but i got it for 20 quid so i'm not complaining

have owned but didn't particularly like:

hunter: the reckoning
REASON -very repetitive...close quater combat is p*nts so you just end up using the pop guns you have or the special weapons...not enough special skills either.

wreckless
REASON -hated the handling...just a very frustrating game in general...too short.

as you can see from the above...virtually all the titles i have are from launch apart from gun valkyrie (which i got cheap off auction) and actually only find okay.

i mean don't get me wrong i really like my xbox but there haven't been any games that have been released recently that are must haves in my opinion. i suppose it doesn't help that i also have a ps2...so i would probably have got more games if i hadn't had it such as:

burnout -wicked high speed driving game
ssx tricky -great snowboarding game
max payne -i think it's great (repetitive gameplay but it's cool so i like it)
tony hawks pro skater 3

i just like to look at the good and bad sides of all consoles...i mean after i got the xbox i honestly didn't really touch my ps2 for a good month or so before final fantasy 10 was released (and also i had exams)...but the thing is the ps2 can afford now to have dry periods...xbox can't cos it's got to impress early and establish itself
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:08
Regular
"BOSE"
Beanz. first off, after you opinionated my games i think you should tell me what you have.

my reasons to why i buy what i buy:

Agent Under Fire - i love Bond. Bond's are great action films...guns, explosions, tanks, cars etc!

Hunter - this game rocks, i love gore, i love slicing up the dead,it's the first game that's ever challenged me aswell and the graphics and sound etc are superb.

Max Payne - again, action! guns! bullet time! explosions! graphics! sound!

Buffy, Spider-man and Obi-Wan - these three i got mostly because of i love them all. i'm a fan of them all. something i love and it gets made into a game, i'll buy it. the only one that don't have great graphics etc (sound not inc) is Obi-Wan. i can live with that because i love Star Wars.

do you follow me now?
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:44
Regular
i say trade them in at gamestation.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
if you do sell them i recommend you use auctions...cos you get more money and it's in cash :D
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:15
"High polygon count"
Fair enough. Anyone else? :-) Got DoA3 too - will only be trading them in anyway, so get in now!
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:39
Regular
I have just got a Dreamcast with Shenmue today so I won't be getting it for a bit yet, thanks for the offer though.
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:44
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> I did indeed by SSX off Wookiee, and I can say that I would buy stuff
> off him again - he's completely reliable.

Such kind words! :-)

So garbe, if you're interested... [email protected]
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:11
Regular
"accidental superher"
Daveus wrote:
> so far i have:
>
> Spider-Man

i'm interested in this but i've heard it's a bit short...

> 007: Agent Under Fire

had it for the ps2 and ABSOLUTELY HATED it...stick with halo :D

> Hunter: The Reckoning

had it...got bored with it...returned it

> Max Payne

played it on the ps2 and pc (and the demo of the xbox version)...good game but i recommend you get it on the pc if you have a good computer

> Blood Wake

played demo...and hated it...hasn't really got good reviews either

> Star Wars: Obi-Wan

absolutely atrocious reviews...don't think i'll touch this one

> Wreckless

had it...hated the handling...got very frustrated by it

> on the way:
>
> Buffy The Vampire Slayer

i really don't see why everyone thinks this will be such a good game...i think it looks like c*ap...but i'll wait for the reviews :D

> Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Special Eddition) (dunno if that's out
> yet) -it's out already and i'm not interested

> Crash (maybe. need to read more into it) -out but i'm not interested...got okay reviews but i can't see it lasting very long

> Medal Of Honor: Frontline (quite a wait for that one- November!) -i'll probably get this for the ps2 :D

> WWF Raw Is War (October) -shocking reviews in america...so not interested

> Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (maybe - looks cool. anyone have an opinion
> on it who has it?) -got it for the ps2...and i think it is great :D and has great long replayability
>
> and any other titles that appeal to me. plus, i wouldn't say the
> XBOX's going through a dry patch at all :-)

so from the list above there really aren't very many classic must have games coming out around now...which is a bit disappointing and is why i said the games seem to have run dry for the time being
Fri 12/07/02 at 14:30
"High polygon count"
Daveus wrote:
> Blood Wake

Hee hee! The fact that you own that would indicate that you aren't particularly fussy about the quality of the games you play!

Poor reviews all round, and even the staff in Game warned me off of that - and they're supposed to be selling me things!

:-)
Fri 12/07/02 at 12:55
Regular
"BOSE"
so far i have:

Spider-Man
007: Agent Under Fire
Hunter: The Reckoning
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Max Payne
Blood Wake
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Wreckless
NBA Live 2002
Amped
Prodject Gotham Racing
Halo
Fifa World Cup 2002
Dead Or Alive 3
Rally Sport Challenge

on the way:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Special Eddition) (dunno if that's out yet)
Crash (maybe. need to read more into it)
Medal Of Honor: Frontline (quite a wait for that one- November!)
WWF Raw Is War (October)
Turok Evolution (September)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (maybe - looks cool. anyone have an opinion on it who has it?)

and any other titles that appeal to me. plus, i wouldn't say the XBOX's going through a dry patch at all :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.