GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YOU MUST SEE THESE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/07/02 at 20:11
Regular
These are probably some of the most impressive screenshots I have ever seen.

You must also see them.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/364/364229p1.html

The stained glass windows, the lighting effects, the delail...

Everyone who doesn't own an xbox must also see them as the game is multiplatform (will it look as good on PS2, I don't think so)

Graphics arn't everything I know, ahh sod it, yes they are.

Forget MGS, Splinter cell is going to rock, oh yes...
Wed 10/07/02 at 00:22
Regular
"..."
Someone please explain to me...why the big fuss over a game that looks like it's being run on the first generation of PC graphics cards circa 1998?
Wed 10/07/02 at 00:08
Regular
Doesnt look that impressive to me...Although I've been happily playing Pikmin and Luigi's mansion recently...
Wed 10/07/02 at 00:05
I think most people are too busy playing the game to worry about lighting affects. Its what you just said it can be over used and spoil the game, infact shadowing is proberly more important.
Tue 09/07/02 at 23:58
"High polygon count"
cookie monster wrote:
> I think they have gone a bit overboard with the brightness of the
> light coming through the window, it looks more like the light from a
> supernova.

Almost exactly what I was thinking!

The lighting seems impressive, but as with Wreckless, it's over-used. Lighting in games should be subtle and unnoticeable unless you're looking for it.

With those screenshots, and with the night screens from Wreckless, the lighting effects overpower the scene, and it ends up looking like what it is - a cheap gimmick.

It's the same with the now over-used sun/lens-flare effect used in driving games - GT3 was the first driving game to offer truly realistic sun/lighting effects, and now everyone is using it to the point of overkill. I borrowed V-Rally 3 from a friend recently, and on one particular track, most of the scenery disappeared due to the over-dazzling effect of the sun. Impressive or not, all it did was spoil the game.
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think they have gone a bit overboard with the brightness of the light coming through the window, it looks more like the light from a supernova.
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
It's just lighting effects. Lighting effects don't make a game, although I'll admit they look damn impressive. However, considering Halo doesn't look any better than MGS2, I wouldn't be too surprised if the PS2 version gives the X-Box one a run for it's money.

Forget MGS? Nah, what's the chances that it will have the music, characters, emotion and storyline that MGS1 had, let alone MGS2? In my mind, not that good, and if it does then it will have to be an extremely special game. Revolutionary, in fact.
Tue 09/07/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
These are probably some of the most impressive screenshots I have ever seen.

You must also see them.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/364/364229p1.html

The stained glass windows, the lighting effects, the delail...

Everyone who doesn't own an xbox must also see them as the game is multiplatform (will it look as good on PS2, I don't think so)

Graphics arn't everything I know, ahh sod it, yes they are.

Forget MGS, Splinter cell is going to rock, oh yes...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.