GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC gaming is dead..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 15:11
Regular
is something I hear FAR too often. The PC gaming industry is worth billions of dollars, yet people think with the release of two new consoles, it's suddenly going to crash (no pun intended). They are wrong, as long as the PC has quality, exclusive titles such as Neverwinter Nights.
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cookie monster wrote:
> Pc gaming is in its prime really, although somtimes from this forum
> you wouldnt think so.

I found mid-2000 to mid-2001 was a bit of a slump for PC gaming, and was also the same time that a lot of develpers were ringing the death toll of PC gaming (console titles being more lucrative)...

since mid-2002 and especially more recently, Ive found myself inundated with games that I'm genuinly eager to play (which is a rarity)...

With both PC specific games, and decent console converstions (as opposed to direct conversions of old), and with the number of interesting titles on their way, this is a fantastic time for PC gaming.
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pc gaming is in its prime really, although somtimes from this forum you wouldnt think so.
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Viva la Stella Artois
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:18
"Darkness, always"
Indeed, NeverWinter Nights brings AD&D ruleset version 3 to the masses online, and I have no doubts it will be massively successful.

Also, WarCraft III promises to be the most revolutionary RTS game since C&C, breathing life into the genre both online and off.

Age Of Wonders II brings back turn based playability with a vengeance.

In fact, PC games are hammering out originality in every known genre at the moment, so I doubt very much that PC gaming is in any danger.

Besides, PCs have and always will offer both more power and more fexibility than any console ever has, so not only are the days of PC gaming NOT numbered, I have every confidence that it will be around every bit as long as consoles will.

I have a GameCube. Not because my PC isn't good enough, but because it offers a different type of gaming experience altogether. {C gaming is serious hardcore stuff, while GC offers light entertainment. Totally different.

Viva la PC.
Mon 08/07/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Omnipresent"
is something I hear FAR too often. The PC gaming industry is worth billions of dollars, yet people think with the release of two new consoles, it's suddenly going to crash (no pun intended). They are wrong, as long as the PC has quality, exclusive titles such as Neverwinter Nights.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.