GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday Gran Prix - Mario Kart Wii"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Wii'.
Mon 14/04/08 at 09:21
Regular
"THFC"
I know some of us on the forums are lucky enough to have Mario Kart on the Wii or know people with the Game, so i figured, for a little bit of fun. Why not do some Gameaday time trials.(no actual prizes can be won)
Basically, i will start with a track and within the next 24 hours, post your best LAP AND TOTAL CIRCUIT TIME of that track, then the next poster after the winner can name a new track to try it on.

Now i know you could cheat if you want to but i think the winner should submit picture evidence! or i know a lot of you have got each others FC and you should be able to see the time.

Please note that the best Lap time and Best Total time are underline, in bold and italic
The League works like this:
1st place gets 4 points, 2nd place gets 2 and 3rd place gets 1
There is a league for both total time on the track and an individual Lap, so make sure you post both!

The Third Track - We need to ensure that some people start stealing points for circuit time, or else it will be a 3 man race for 1st place! Good luck

SNES Mario Circuit 3

Emmie87
Circuit Time - 1:29:533
Best Lap - 29:611 seconds

Black8704
Circuit Time - 1:30:598
Best Lap - 30:073 seconds

Grandprix
Circuit Time - 1:26:490
Best Lap - 28:406 seconds

ButchML
Circuit Time - 1:36:146

THE GAME-A-DAY GRAND PRIX LEAGUE

Total Track Time League

1st. Grandprix - 12 points
3rd. Edgy - 3 points
3rd. YH - 3 point
5th. Emmie87 - 2 points
6th. Black8704 - 1 point

Lap Time League

1st. Grandprix - 12 points
3rd. Emmie87 - 3 points
3rd. Black8704 - 3 points
5th. Edgy - 2 points
5th. YH - 1 point
Fri 18/04/08 at 09:38
Regular
"THFC"
Well i probably wont get on over the weekend, so say 9 o clock Monday Morning for Luigi Circuit, giving people plenty of time and hopefully someone can beat Grandprix so he dont have 6 points!

Then we will start a new track, which the first poster after the results can choose
Fri 18/04/08 at 09:04
Regular
I'm going back over the cups to get 1* rating for each, as I think that's how you unlock stuff.

When will this challenge close? Only I'm probably not going to get much chance to have a go at this until sunday.
Fri 18/04/08 at 08:11
Regular
"THFC"
Grandprix - what character / veichle do you use?

i sway between Boo with the flam flyer and Yoshi with the Turbo Blooper

But i have not unlocked anything better.

When i see Ghosts from top people it tends to be they use Funky Kong
Fri 18/04/08 at 01:25
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't use bikes that much. I'm not much of a fan of them.
Thu 17/04/08 at 23:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bah! I hate this track! I can't pull off the short cut, so I'm screwed :(

Getting pretty beasty at the Peach Gardens though :) That and DK's Snowball one :P
Thu 17/04/08 at 22:47
Regular
Next week I wont be able to challenge any times as I'm not going to be near my Wii to play it (nor the internet - I'll be suffering withdrawel I'm sure!)

So someone else'll get a chance at 2nd place points :D
Thu 17/04/08 at 22:46
Regular
Hmm...

Lap: 26.726

Track: 1.25.248

Edit: Track time update.
Thu 17/04/08 at 21:27
Regular
"Mooching around"
McLong wrote:
> YH wrote:
> What's the shortcut?
>
> What he said.

Instead of taking the banked speed boosts, you use a mushroom and cut right across the sand pit opposite them.
Thu 17/04/08 at 17:54
Regular
My best so far on Luigi's Circuit:

Time 1:20.063
Lap 00:26.256
Thu 17/04/08 at 17:44
Regular
YH wrote:
> What's the shortcut?

What he said.

Also, I had a bit of a look last night, but how do you find out your best lap times for a course? I can find the complete track time, but not individual laps, as far as I can see it only shows these just after you finish a time trial.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.