GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got me a new PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 21:53
Regular
and it rocks. Its really fast. Oh yeah I've just sorted MSN too. my addy is [email protected]. Me being the Ros of Ros andd Carl, obviously. I'm going to get back to my technojoy now. woohoo!
Wed 03/07/02 at 16:25
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
$lik wrote:
> you certainly won't need to replace
> it for a while at any rate.

That's BS.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:57
The fastest AMd is a 2200 so your 2000 xp is very fast, at the moment mine is an xp1800 which is a little slower but still fast anough i have a Geforce3ti200 in mine which is fine for grafix. btw if your thinking of getting a sound card I have a Videologic Sonic fury card in mine it is 6channel ie cimema sound and is really cool + I have the XR500 speaker which are really cool and they are 5.1 ie 6 channel too.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Selected"
Wow. Nice comp. Check the curves. etc.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:37
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
goodie :)
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:36
Regular
"DS..."
lol, heck yeah thats fast, one of fastest you can get at the moment, congrats on buying it Rosalind {:) you certainly won't need to replace it for a while at any rate.

slik ~_~
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Oh yeah, I think it's fast.

Yeah for like a month or something
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:33
Oh yeah, I think it's fast.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:32
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Iits an AMD athalon 2000, with a GF4 MX graphics card and a (spit) integrated sound chip. Its got 80G HD and 500 and something DDR RAM. but I don't know what much of that means. I know it is better than my last computer which had 8MB RAM and a 365DX processor!

So although it might not be really really fast by my standards it is.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:16
Rosalind, what are your PC specs?

I'm interested in these things.

And the best sound card out there, Sound Blaster Audigy, is only £80. I say only, but it's affordable at least.
Wed 03/07/02 at 13:54
Rosalind wrote:
> Yeah but I'm a biologist with no experiance of computers so I would
> have been useles at building my own. I wish I could though it would be
> cool. I might upgarde though. i want a better sound card and a GF4
> Ti graphics card. i know I will never use it but there is a part of
> me that has to have the best stuff.
>
> Hope your cold is better :)

Thanks Im a bit like that to ;0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.