GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got me a new PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 21:53
Regular
and it rocks. Its really fast. Oh yeah I've just sorted MSN too. my addy is [email protected]. Me being the Ros of Ros andd Carl, obviously. I'm going to get back to my technojoy now. woohoo!
Fri 05/07/02 at 08:55
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
well you caould have said before I bought it :p

Yeah I heard that too. though my mum got hers from there and they have been great with her. Never go with supernet for your ISP though!
Fri 05/07/02 at 08:51
Compeared to Evesham, Times warrenty is totally naff. That is why they are so cheap ;0) and they have more complaints then anyone too apparently ;0)
Fri 05/07/02 at 08:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I considered building my own or going elsewhere but in the end convienence won out.....oh yeah and it wa the free computer desk that really swung it for me :P.
I didn't just go off and buy the first thing I saw or anything. I researched it in loads of computer buying mags first. The deal I got won a best package award in a couple of magazines.
Your right the warrenty was bloody expensive and I didn't dare not take it out either, Oh well never mind the bank were very nice and they gave me a large loan.
Thu 04/07/02 at 15:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Rosalind wrote:
> bingo..it was time

I stayed away from the big corporations, mainly because technical support is expensive, and any repairs can take weeks to be carried out.
Thu 04/07/02 at 15:03
Regular
Fog wrote:
> DeltaJava wrote:
> And the best sound card out there, Sound Blaster Audigy.
>
> heh, it's far from the best card, it's very good though, it all
> depends on what you want to use your PC for, if it's making music then
> you can get better cards for less

I am using a SB 128D PCI it works great on all programs.
Thu 04/07/02 at 12:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Reaper[oV] wrote:

> As for pcs getting outdated...I haven't touched my hardware for almost
> 6 months now,

I was using a P1 150 with 128Mb SDram until last Summer :D, I wasn't into games then though but it ran everything I needed.
Thu 04/07/02 at 12:18
Rosalind wrote:
> bingo..it was time

Though so ;0) but as they took over Tiny it seem more like their stuff
Thu 04/07/02 at 12:16
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
DeltaJava wrote:
> And the best sound card out there, Sound Blaster Audigy.

heh, it's far from the best card, it's very good though, it all depends on what you want to use your PC for, if it's making music then you can get better cards for less.
Thu 04/07/02 at 11:37
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
bingo..it was time
Thu 04/07/02 at 09:50
Where was that from Ros ? Time or something like that ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.