GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/10/00 at 16:39
Regular
why do we have to wait so long....graystation will have knocked up another 1M sales by next year..backwards compatability ?
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:08
gamecube rules!!!!!
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:06
i dun like those Pokemon games.i wonder y other ppl love it.
between Pokemon Stadium and Custom Robo, i choose custom robo.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:08
Regular
I actually don't mind the Pokemon game on the gameboy, it's the damn franchaise that annoys me.

However, Shigs did take three days to code the Mario 128 demo. And it is actually pretty damn good considering.

If they tried to code this for the PS2, I expect it would take around.... oooooooh three years, perhaps more. :0)
Sun 19/11/00 at 22:18
The next 128 bit console war will be won by the handheld market.
Connecting GBA and Cube in an easy way is a great idea. Again Pokemon demonstrated the idea with Bleu/Red and Stadium. But next generation gaming will be a "perfect" integration between handhelds and TV connected devices.
You train your heros on train, plane and automobile and watch them in full 3D hi Res colour on your television.
Franchising with these kinds of connections will be extremely important.
So tell me, how will Sony or MS will ever battle the new Nintendo machines.
S and MS cost a lot more, don't have connections to the REAL portable world, don't have the same number of franchising and they forget perhaps the most important factor:
Consoles are mostly for 6 - 15 year old. After that you buy a PC, until you get kids of course. So we are NOT talking DVD here, but video gaming. Look at the sales figures of Pokemon - THERE IS the market - not with brainless shooters for frustated PC hungry teens who make a lot of noise but hardly represent a fraction of real kids games.
Thu 16/11/00 at 20:30
When I wrote that message, it was based on the facts that Shigeru Miyamoto himself has himself claimed this. Anyway, its not a game. Its short clip smashing the PS2 to the ground with its visuals and simplicity. Of course a game would take longer, but not like the delays on the N64
Tue 14/11/00 at 23:14
Nic wrote:
> One thing that i like the sound of iis the ease of Gamecubes
> programming. N64 had a lot of difficultys in getting games out,
> and developers did not like it. GC is so fast and easy to use that
> Shigeru Miyamoto took just 3 days to create Mario 128! This means
> that developers will be coming head over heals to make fantastic
> games for it. Even Metal Gear Solid 2, and Crash Bandicoot games
> could be appearing on it! Another thing is that it is not a
> multimedia console. Of course, some people would like a multi-use
> machine, but Nintendo have gone for a games console, and thats
> what i want. I don't want some mess that does not play games as
> well as it could. I want a console that plays games. Gamecube is
> that console.

i dont thik it takes 3 days to make games, probly 3 days to thik of it, in 3 days u can make space invaders
Tue 14/11/00 at 23:12
sibs2000 wrote:
> Gamecube games are gonna be really cheap compared to N64 so more
> people will make games for it. Also what kind of a name is
> 'Playstation 2' ? hardly very original is it??? Anyways Nintendo
Probly the same person who designed your the Duplo/lego GC
and the DC blue squerley logo
> make the best games (well, Rare too,but they only make games for
i dont think u have anyidea what u'r talking about?
who made golden eye and banjo?

> Nintendo) so Gamecube will rock.
That is more then likely true though
Tue 14/11/00 at 23:09
Edgy wrote:
> I will! I can't wait for the release of the
> Sony-chomping-Sega-bashing-gaming-machine.
>
> (I'm not entirely against Sega though, they produce quality games,
> Sony don't even make games!)

yes they do d*****s, i suggest u learn about computer companies b4 u start talking crud
Tue 14/11/00 at 15:11
Regular
"not dead"
chopperhopper wrote:
>the mojority of their games which truth be told are for kids.

Oh dear. Nintendo's games are not for kids. How many children under the age of 10 do you know that found all 96 levels on SuperMarioWorld? Or could get all 120 stars in Mario64 (without reading how to do it in a magazine, anyone can do that). I agree with Grix when he says that it's the games full of blood and gore that are more childish. I'm looking forward to Banjo Tooie more than I am another Resident Evil game, as I know which will have more playability. (Probably)
So I suggest you hop on your chopper, and drift away. (I so funny)

Oh and it's "majority".

>the mojority of their games which truth be told are for kids.
Oh dear. Nintendo's games are not for kids. How many children under the age of 10 do you know that found all 96 levels on SuperMarioWorld? Or could get all 120 stars in Mario64 (without reading how to do it in a magazine, anyone can do that). I agree with Grix when he says that it's the games full of blood and gore that are more childish. I'm looking forward to Banjo Tooie more than I am another Resident Evil game, as I know which will have more playability. (Probably)
So I suggest you hop on your chopper, and drift away. (I so funny)

DISCLAIMER: The above views are those of the poster bjlangley, and are in no way the related to the views, or opinions of the BJLangley Corporation Ltd.
Sun 12/11/00 at 05:43
since sony owns the majority of the market, the risk for sony is much greater and even though they sold all of their consoles in the U.S sony still loses money for each unit they sell. If PS2 owners buy more DVD software that games they will lose even more money, and PS2 still has no first party titles. The only game that was worth playing on playstation was Metal Gear Solid. Everything I said also goes the same for Xbox. If people went crazy when the N64 came out, then people will also go crazy for the Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.