GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/10/00 at 16:39
Regular
why do we have to wait so long....graystation will have knocked up another 1M sales by next year..backwards compatability ?
Thu 16/11/00 at 20:30
When I wrote that message, it was based on the facts that Shigeru Miyamoto himself has himself claimed this. Anyway, its not a game. Its short clip smashing the PS2 to the ground with its visuals and simplicity. Of course a game would take longer, but not like the delays on the N64
Sun 19/11/00 at 22:18
The next 128 bit console war will be won by the handheld market.
Connecting GBA and Cube in an easy way is a great idea. Again Pokemon demonstrated the idea with Bleu/Red and Stadium. But next generation gaming will be a "perfect" integration between handhelds and TV connected devices.
You train your heros on train, plane and automobile and watch them in full 3D hi Res colour on your television.
Franchising with these kinds of connections will be extremely important.
So tell me, how will Sony or MS will ever battle the new Nintendo machines.
S and MS cost a lot more, don't have connections to the REAL portable world, don't have the same number of franchising and they forget perhaps the most important factor:
Consoles are mostly for 6 - 15 year old. After that you buy a PC, until you get kids of course. So we are NOT talking DVD here, but video gaming. Look at the sales figures of Pokemon - THERE IS the market - not with brainless shooters for frustated PC hungry teens who make a lot of noise but hardly represent a fraction of real kids games.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:08
Regular
I actually don't mind the Pokemon game on the gameboy, it's the damn franchaise that annoys me.

However, Shigs did take three days to code the Mario 128 demo. And it is actually pretty damn good considering.

If they tried to code this for the PS2, I expect it would take around.... oooooooh three years, perhaps more. :0)
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:06
i dun like those Pokemon games.i wonder y other ppl love it.
between Pokemon Stadium and Custom Robo, i choose custom robo.
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:08
gamecube rules!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.