GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hunter"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/07/02 at 13:18
Regular
does anyone know when hunter: the reckoning is coming out? and is it a first person view or is it over the sholder, eg: spider-man?
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:46
Regular
Quote from XBM magazine:

There's plenty of fun to be had as you plough your way through hoardes of the undead - from your standard lunging zombie types to mysterious giant teddy bears (which are evil, of course.).

However, all of the hacking and slashing does tend to get a bit repetetive despite a few varients on the central., level-claering objectives being thrown in. The four-player multiplayer is okay but you are limited to the confines of the immediate area and the screen gets extremely crowded. Whilst far from an outstanding title it is worth a look for an evening or two.

-----------------

What do u say about this? i want to and don't want to get the game, give us some feedback
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Just be aware of the few faults it has, basicly it gets repetive and its hard.

It's also got a nice 18+ cert on it.
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:37
Regular
Cheers Mantis and Daveus, I think I will go with Hunter as I have RalliSport Challenge and I am not sure if I want another racer! Cheers guys.
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:32
Regular
"BOSE"
man!PGR is no doubt one of the best graphically made racing and car (car as in they're beautiful cars!) but i haven't played it for a few months now, it's fustrating trying to get further. tight corners and annoying a lot of the time. if you wanna be decent at this game it takes a LOT of pratcie in my opinion.

where as Hunter! Hunter is phat! :)

after half way through the first/second level i got really used to the controls. trust me here...it has top-notch graphics, sound and all that. and if you like seeing...this may sound sick but it happens lol...the undead's back open up and spray with blood when you give him his "medicane" then you'll love this game. if you like hearing the sound of bullets piercing the undead's flesh buy this game. if you like seeing a PAIR OF LEGS walking towards you buy it! everything comes off! arms, legs, stomach and head! etc! etc! it all adds to the realism. this is a quality game man! go get it :)
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The main problem I hae with Agent Under Fire is the length of it. After about 2 hours I was on Level 6, thats half way through the game. The medal scoring system seams good and I will probably go through trying to get all the platnium medals, so at least thats some replay value.

I just feel a bit ripped off. £45 quid for a short but quite good Bond adventure is a too much.

garbe123, it depends what your after when deciding between Hunter and PGR, zombie slaying or racing. I owned Hunter and I want it back, its addictive. If I see it around on the cheap I will probably pick it up again. The graphics are really detailed, something that isn't apparant from the screenshots and the gameplay is a frantic blast. It gets repetive, but I was far from bored.

Replay value seams to be there too. Once you've completed the quite challanging story game, you'll want to do it again with different characters. You also unlock Alternate Hunter and Nightmare modes. Add a brilliant multiplayer and you've got enough game to keep you occupied for a long time.
Sun 07/07/02 at 14:51
Regular
I am definatley going to get this game, but I have a problem of choosing between PGR and this! If anyone has these 2 games would they please compare the 2 and say which is better. I know they are 2 completley different games but comparisons between graphics and gameplay would be helpful, thanks!
Sun 07/07/02 at 13:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You basically need to ignore the monsters mate and just run like hell.
;-) Watch our for the damn spider things though.
Sun 07/07/02 at 13:44
Regular
"BOSE"
no problem. are you gonna buy Hunter then mate?

it's certainally chalenging. i'm kinda stuck now. 5 minutes to rescue 5 people AND get to the lift before the building falls to peices :| i can get the five people out but there's a LOT of monsters 8-|
Sun 07/07/02 at 13:28
Regular
Sorry Daveus I was talking about Hunter, I have completed Agent Under Fire on Platinum on all levels. Thanks for your reply.
Sun 07/07/02 at 12:13
Regular
"BOSE"
i assume you're talking about Hunter (topic). but i'll quickly tell you about Agent Under Fire. my opinion. i think it's too short, only 12 missions and a lot of them are short missions. it's no where near as good as Goldeneye - that's a classic and it hasn't been beaten by any bond game yet. it's also sometimes hard to hit people (with bullets) as the bullets move slow (you can see the bullets move clearly). also one thing that kinda got to me: i was in a holding cell and i killed the guard with my fist and he was walking around outside. he did come up to the cell but killing him from inside the cage with a fist isin't possible to me.

Hunter though is a quality game :)
it has 23 levels! 23! it's also the first chalenging game i think i've ever played....and i'm not s*** by far mate. there was one time where i was out-numbered 25-1 and all i had was a few barrels (shotgun) and a few rockets, and if you fire rockets too close to you - you go up with your "pals". and in this i was in a group of three straight holding cells with the walls knocked down (by the undead). i could go on but you'd proberly get bored or something. but if you wanna know anything else, just ask mate ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.