GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hunter"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/07/02 at 13:18
Regular
does anyone know when hunter: the reckoning is coming out? and is it a first person view or is it over the sholder, eg: spider-man?
Wed 10/07/02 at 01:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
well i never really lost any continues until near the end...
so i just had a massive stockpile of continues (cos you get extra ones for completing tasks)
when fighting the werewolf i just remember running around shooting rockets at him and if he him me then i would use one of the skills (for defender) where you heal yourself...
not too difficult
Tue 09/07/02 at 22:19
Regular
"BOSE"
beanz wrote:
> i used the avenger who has that useful regeneration skill :D
> err don't remember finding wolfie that tough...but then again i did
> have 50 lives to hand

where the hell did you get 50 lives from? how does Avenger "regenerate" ?
Tue 09/07/02 at 22:16
Regular
"BOSE"
beanz wrote:
> i used the avenger who has that useful regeneration skill :D
> err don't remember finding wolfie that tough...but then again i did

how can you not remember like a 10ft rock-hard warewolf? after defeating Carpenter, you see a bloke run past you. when you meet up with him you find out it's the bloke who was origionally in the electric chair in the beginning - he turns into the warewolf.

p.s. this game's not boring. it rocks!
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:31
Regular
"accidental superher"
sorry i mean the defender...
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
"accidental superher"
i used the avenger who has that useful regeneration skill :D
err don't remember finding wolfie that tough...but then again i did have 50 lives to hand
i have actually returned hunter...it's an okay game...but it does get boring and i really didn't feel like playing through the whole thing again through nightmare so i exchanged it for soldier of fortune 2...which ain't half bad :D
Tue 09/07/02 at 18:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Isn't there two of those recharge glyph things on the ground there ? I basically used magic on the wolf with the Judge. I then charged back up and used magic again. I think the weapons I used were the machine gun and the shotgun. If I remember right, the machine gun tore through his health.
:-)
Tue 09/07/02 at 17:25
Regular
"BOSE"
ok people who have this game...i'm kinda stuck...

i can defeat Carpenter when i need to now. but i've met my toughest of challanges yet...the warewolf 8-|
he's a hard-a**. does anyone have any hints on how to beat him? the only thing i can think of is waiting until he releases those spirit things (so he's at a distance) then i fire a rocket at him...but they only remove about half an inch of his health off. when he hits me my f**king health goes in like quarters! :-|

and i've changed to Avenger for his strength. i also think it's kinda unfair of having to kill two bosses on the same level.
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, thing is with the PS2 is that it seems to be slowing down as far as new games being released goes. A number of its best games are also going multiplatform too which doesn't do Sony any favours. Of course the X-Box is also going to be sharing titles too, but it also has games in the pipeline that can only be done on that console such as Project Ego and Blinx.

I think Sony did themselves a favour by getting GTA as an exclusive, but I think they are going to need more than that if they're going to maintain they're big foothold on the games market. As for Nintendo, I think they need some more decent third party titles and will need Rare to stay exclusively to them. If Rare leave, then I can see trouble ahead for Nintendo.
As for the X-Box, sales are picking up more now and looking at the games line up, Microsoft are doing well in grabbing top titles. Not just original games from the likes of Sega, but also the games that although already out in some form or another, are still very popular (i.e Counter-Strike, MGS: Substance). I know MGS: Substance isn't available yet, but the story it basically revolves around (MGS2) is.
Microsoft are also putting a hell of a lot of work into X-Box Live, so it'll be interesting to see how that does too.

Looking forward to seeing how Christmas comes along. :-) I think Japan will still look towards the PS2 and maybe the GC. As for the U.S, I think the X-Box will grab the majority of sales there, but as for Britain and Europe, I think its a big question mark right now. :-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Co-op was one of the main reason I got the game, my friends and I loved it.

In fact my mate(who owns a PS2) is getting fed up that most good games are only on XBox. They were his words not mine. He now wants an Xbox, for Halo and Hunter.
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, theres definatly an appeal about it that makes you want to go back. ;-) I guess its just the fun of chopping up zombies with chainsaws and stuff. Most horror games seem to revolve around the Resi Evil style way of things nowadays, so a beat em up/shoot em up style action game is a nice change to the old ways of doing things. ;-)

Think there should be a bit more chance to hack enemies up though. Resorting to this in Hunter tends to end up with you in a lot of trouble if there are too many opponents. But theres a lot of action in the game so its quite fun switching between weapons.

I'm hoping Sega will bring back the likes of Streets Of Rage and GoldenAxe on the X-Box as I can see them looking very nice. :-) Of course there are already rumours about a cell shaded Streets Of Rage game going around, lets hope this turns out to be true. :-)
I miss the old side scrolling beat em ups, theres far too many 1 on 1 based fighters around - I think a roaming around beat em up with bosses is needed. ;-) Especially with co-op modes with around 4 players being supported. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.