GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else have this problem with the PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 19:29
Regular
Dust. I'm talking about dust. My PS2 always seems to have dust all over it and I'm concerned it might be clogging up the gaps, and from an aesthetic point of view it makes the sleekiness of the PS2 look crap. Plus, no matter who many times I clean it the problem is never solved. Ah well, guess I'll just have to live with it, unless...
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:31
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Maybe that cos it's black it shows up the dust more than the old grey PSone. Try opening some windows in your house. :)
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Hooover the house more often then there will be less dust around !!

Go and buy some anti static cleaner and give the PS2 a gentle wipe with it, dust is attracted to the static charges which builds up around electrical devices. Cleaning with anti static wipes should help the build up.
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:40
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I can't belive I am seeing men worried about dust!!!
sorry for that typically female coment :P
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:21
Hey, we're not talking about hoovering the whole house here - JUST the consoles OK?

Now let's have less of this hoovering whole rooms malarkey!!
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:30
Regular
Cant you just blow it off? Only takes a few secs...

I just leave the dust though...Havnt cleaned my PS2 since I got it last July and it still works fine.
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Or†ega wrote:
>Havnt cleaned my PS2 since I got it last July and it still works fine.

I haven't cleaned mine since I got it launch day, perhaps I should have a peek round the back and see what the situation is like.

Mine just sits in a TV cabinet so I very rarely take it out, well only to plug the surround sound optical lead in and then it's just put back in its place and used.
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:41
Or†ega wrote:
> Cant you just blow it off? Only takes a few secs...
>

We've all tried that line - never works....

Come on Wookiee, I bet you would have written the same!
Fri 28/06/02 at 12:55
Regular
"  "
I tend to find more dust underneath it. Dunno how it gets underneath mind. Oh....and its always clogging up the grill at the front so i get the battery powered thing from my mums draw (hoover stupid) and use that. They're ok but they dont get that annoying stuck down type of dust up.
Fri 28/06/02 at 12:57
"High polygon count"
MR.COATES wrote:
> Come on Wookiee, I bet you would have written the same!

Yeah, if you hadn't spoiled it for me! :-(

;-p
Fri 28/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I would say be careful to anyone who plans on using a hover on their PS2's fan. If the hover blows the fan in the opposite direction it normally spins, it can knacker the motor of the fan, stopping it from working. The result will be an over cooked PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.