GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else have this problem with the PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 19:29
Regular
Dust. I'm talking about dust. My PS2 always seems to have dust all over it and I'm concerned it might be clogging up the gaps, and from an aesthetic point of view it makes the sleekiness of the PS2 look crap. Plus, no matter who many times I clean it the problem is never solved. Ah well, guess I'll just have to live with it, unless...
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:29
Regular
Dust. I'm talking about dust. My PS2 always seems to have dust all over it and I'm concerned it might be clogging up the gaps, and from an aesthetic point of view it makes the sleekiness of the PS2 look crap. Plus, no matter who many times I clean it the problem is never solved. Ah well, guess I'll just have to live with it, unless...
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
Wrap it in bubble wrap
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Its not your PS2 thats producing the dust my friend. Its other stuff. The dust only falls on the PS2 and clogs the thing up.

Spring cleaning?

Here, have a duster.....

Hur hur
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:50
"High polygon count"
It's a major problem for me, on all the consoles, and especially the TV!

Get yourself one of those little battery-powered PC vacuum cleaners - they work wonders, and get all the dist out of the grills and other little orifices! (Oo-er!)
Thu 27/06/02 at 20:00
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
> Its not your PS2 thats producing the dust my friend. Its other stuff.
> The dust only falls on the PS2 and clogs the thing up.
>

Herc, what do you take me for, I know the PS2 doesn't produce the dust!!!!

Cor blimey...

:D
Thu 27/06/02 at 20:03
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The PS2 doesn't cause any problems for me. The Xbox really does attract dust though! I found the controller covered in dust today, I had only left it for 3 days too!

Grr...
Thu 27/06/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Hmmm....."
For some reason, I dont really get dust on my PS2.

Hur hur

*points and laughs at people who get dusty consoles*

:D

Just use your hoover to suck out all the dust.......

;D
Fri 28/06/02 at 08:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
We have a Baxi Air Filter. So ha.
Fri 28/06/02 at 08:56
See, I don't have this problem in my sealed/oxygenated tent.

No dust or items from the 'outside' can get to me or my PS2....

Failing that, a hoover will do nicely with that 'used once yearly' brush attachment - just don't set your Dyson to full whack, it upsets the PS2's cooling fan (by making it spin REALLY quickly!!).
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:13
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Tóm wrote:
> The PS2 doesn't cause any problems for me. The Xbox really does
> attract dust though! I found the controller covered in dust today, I
> had only left it for 3 days too!
>
> Grr...

You wouldn't see a PS2 controller left unused for 3 days, ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.