GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best all round PC game of all?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/06/02 at 22:49
Regular
I an currently locked in an argument with a friend over the best PC game of all time. Not just best graphics, or plot, but in general. Not one or two good features, but a good all-rounder, plot/story, graphics, character ect.

We can't decide, so i'm looking for some insite from fellow gamers.
Tue 16/07/02 at 11:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Command & Conquer: Genrals is looking sweet, hope it plays as good as it's brand new 3D engine looks.
Mon 15/07/02 at 17:48
Regular
red alert 2 or yuris revenge.

Never has a game invoked so many devious tactics.
roll on red alert 3
Mon 15/07/02 at 12:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've been playing allot of a demo called Operation Blockade over the last week, a kind of old school shoot-em-up in the same vein as missile command.

Basically you're put in a fixed gun position with a ton of weapons at you're disposal (small 20mm Machine Guns to giant artillery cannon's) and have to defend the small island you're on against wave after wave of enemy ships, planes, troop carriers which of course land troops on the island.

It's simple, yet extremely gun and addictive game-play, and it's a game I defiantly want to buy.
Mon 15/07/02 at 10:59
"Darkness, always"
FF7 is a PS1 conversion though, and for RPGs I prefer the Black Isle AD&D games (Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, NeverWinter Nights etc).

Stone Cold Tom wrote:
> Best PC game has to be between GTA 3, Championship Manager, Deus Ex,
> Operation Flashpoint, Half-Life, or many of those sad RPG's if you're
> into them.

GTA 3 is a poor game, and is only a conversion at any rate. Deus Ex is a slightly above average shooter (+ plot).
Mon 15/07/02 at 03:16
Regular
FF 7 is a good RPG for the pc.
Sun 14/07/02 at 22:01
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Stone Cold Tom wrote:
> Best PC game has to be between GTA 3, Championship Manager, Deus Ex,
> Operation Flashpoint, Half-Life, or many of those sad RPG's if you're
> into them.

Erm... nice and you started off by saying 'game' and then listed a load of 'games'.

:)
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:32
Best PC game has to be between GTA 3, Championship Manager, Deus Ex, Operation Flashpoint, Half-Life, or many of those sad RPG's if you're into them.
Wed 03/07/02 at 09:30
"Darkness, always"
I'd rather hit someone for real. But then I'm a sick little puppy.
Wed 03/07/02 at 05:59
Regular
"How Handy."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> GTA = Teen angst, must take out my frustration on this game, as I have
> no other outlets because my parents abused me as a child/my parents
> never paid me enough attention

I wasnt abused as a child, but GTA is a great way to let out your anger. Better than goign out, getting drunk and punching someone anyway.
Tue 02/07/02 at 12:49
"Darkness, always"
I go for CM 00/01 for best management game. 01/02 is reputedly superior, but I don't have it so can't comment...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.