GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The RPG Daddy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/06/02 at 19:37
Regular
Hey everyone, i was just thinking and i wondered, what is the best ever RPG, which one is the DADDY?

I am asking for the game and opinions, i don't just want people to say FF, but say FF7 as it had the most in depth story line.

I personally think that FF7 is the daddy asit has good graphics, for the time, the best story line ever and some great action! I am sure that most people will disagree but then i am sure that many will agree.

Within days i think a title will be crowned the daddy but i don't want an RPG series i want the game, i.e not Breath of Fire, but say Breath of Fire 3 or what ever.

Sir Auron
Thu 27/06/02 at 09:20
Regular
Secret of Mana was on the SNES (what else?) although personally I didn't like it. There was nothing wrong with the game apart from the battling system. It wasn't RPG-ish at all, more like Zelda on the Gameboy, just walking upto enemies and hammering A to swing your sword. Except that the longer you left it between attacks the stronger your next one would be, which added a small stragetic side to it..
Thu 27/06/02 at 07:21
Baldurs Gate was one of my favorets but there are so many good RPG Golden Sun is very good to.
Thu 27/06/02 at 06:42
Regular
"$hit happens"
A lot of people re saing secret of Mana, what console is it on as i may look into some of these RPGs
Thu 27/06/02 at 00:34
Mine would have to be Star Ocean: The Second Story. It has such a gripping storyline that you would be hooked for days. And the battling system is the best around, better than any of the Final Fantasy games system. It is near enough real time.

more on this another time for now it is to late
Wed 26/06/02 at 21:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Secret of Mana is one of my all time favourites. Hoping Project Ego will turn out really good too.
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:02
"period drama"
Battle of Olympus on the NES was my 1st and favorite RPG experience.
No-one remembers it, though : (

FF7 and FF6 have the best story.
Wed 26/06/02 at 19:46
Regular
Mandatare wrote:
And is there gonna be a Skies of
> Arcadia 2?

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 26/06/02 at 19:06
Regular
"$hit happens"
Anyone got any good advice ofr beating the third seymour who is even more annoying than the 1st.
the second one is easy
Wed 26/06/02 at 19:06
Regular
"$hit happens"
Anyone ogt any good advice ofr beating the third seymour who is even more annoying than the 1st.
the second one is easy
Wed 26/06/02 at 19:00
Regular
"$hit happens"
FFX is good but too many cut scenes and i am stuck on the tird seymour!!! lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.