GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The RPG Daddy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/06/02 at 19:37
Regular
Hey everyone, i was just thinking and i wondered, what is the best ever RPG, which one is the DADDY?

I am asking for the game and opinions, i don't just want people to say FF, but say FF7 as it had the most in depth story line.

I personally think that FF7 is the daddy asit has good graphics, for the time, the best story line ever and some great action! I am sure that most people will disagree but then i am sure that many will agree.

Within days i think a title will be crowned the daddy but i don't want an RPG series i want the game, i.e not Breath of Fire, but say Breath of Fire 3 or what ever.

Sir Auron
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:37
Regular
"$hit happens"
Hey everyone, i was just thinking and i wondered, what is the best ever RPG, which one is the DADDY?

I am asking for the game and opinions, i don't just want people to say FF, but say FF7 as it had the most in depth story line.

I personally think that FF7 is the daddy asit has good graphics, for the time, the best story line ever and some great action! I am sure that most people will disagree but then i am sure that many will agree.

Within days i think a title will be crowned the daddy but i don't want an RPG series i want the game, i.e not Breath of Fire, but say Breath of Fire 3 or what ever.

Sir Auron
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:39
Regular
S
K
I
E
S

O
F

A
R
C
A
D
I
A
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:42
Regular
"$hit happens"
Yea that is all very nice but why?

what has it got over Baldur's gate or FF?
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Secret of Mana is the RPG daddy!
3 player simultaneous gameplay, epic storyline, brilliant magic/combat system, great characters, baddies, weapons, great character & weapon level up systems, amazing music, etc.
Secret of Mana rules over all RPGs. Period.
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:51
Regular
Oh right.

Skies of Arcadia

Plot: Fantastic.
Characters: Best I've seen.
Gameplay: Superb
Random Battles: Loads, but you get used to them
Weapons/Upgrades: Loads and loads
Magic: Of course
Flying boats: Definitely
Voice overs: None, unfortunately
Text acting: Hilarious, but superb
Lasting appeal: Still love it to bits, my favourite game ever, love playing it over and over. Go buy.

Available on Dreamcast, and Nintendo Gamecube at Christmas, hopefully.
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:52
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Pokemon Red, nooch.
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:52
Regular
Skies of Arcadia! And after that, Skies of Arcadia 2!
And Secret of Mana was pants..
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:54
Regular
"$hit happens"
I have not played either but have heard of Skies Of Arcadia and by what you two say i want to play them both!

I may ppurchase SOA for the GC but i would have to play it before i can be swayed to change my opinion! lol
thanx you two
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:57
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Oh right.
>
> Skies of Arcadia
>

> Text acting: Hilarious, but superb

"Dispose of them!"
*Does Alfonso laugh*

Classic! :D
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:35
Regular
"$hit happens"
Skies of Arcadia sounds good, an RPG i never played but watched once and enjoyed was Alundra, it was ok but i never really got the plot as i did not play, i anticipate more ideas!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.