GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Sun 06/07/08 at 22:22
Regular
According to dictionary.com, one of the various meanings is:

'a report or account of a matter'

Therefore, yes your very brief version of the episode does constitute a story :P
Sun 06/07/08 at 18:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Apart from "everything" what didn't you like about the
> episode? David is still the Doctor, Donna is still alive and Rose
> has her man. Everyones a winner, except maybe Davros but I have a
> feeling he'll be back.

The losers were the audience. RTD still think hes writing a soap opera, the BBC is still hiring actors but not requiring them to act, and production values are still on par with an episode of Neighbours from the 80s (maybe explains RTD's writing).
And the sad part is, alot of this wont get ackowledged because its Doctor Who. As long as its got the brand attached people wont care.

> Would you say it's atleast the best Davros/dalek story so far?

Does "Daleks are going to destroy reality, Donna flips a switch. The End" really constitute a story?
Sun 06/07/08 at 00:35
"possibly impossible"
after last week i was a bit disappointed with the way that the daleks were defeated. or maybe just the way that they were humiliated. other than that, a great episode.
Sat 05/07/08 at 21:41
Regular
Apart from "everything" what didn't you like about the episode? David is still the Doctor, Donna is still alive and Rose has her man. Everyones a winner, except maybe Davros but I have a feeling he'll be back.

Would you say it's atleast the best Davros/dalek story so far?
Sat 05/07/08 at 21:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Come on Garin, wasn't it the best Doctor Who episode you've ever
> seen?

Need you ask? The nostalgia trip has firmly worn off now, I really dont have any interest in watching it anymore.
Sat 05/07/08 at 19:44
Regular
So what did you all think of the series finale?

Come on Garin, wasn't it the best Doctor Who episode you've ever seen?
Sat 05/07/08 at 17:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Interesting to read all the news coverage. Alot seem to be convinced that David Tennant leaving seems to be a real possibility. Despite him claiming he'd signed up for the specials.
Fri 04/07/08 at 17:10
"possibly impossible"
oooh. Tomorrow.
Mon 30/06/08 at 21:52
"possibly impossible"
It all started because of the discs.

The Daleks in the comics back in the 70's had discs to fly on. Obviously the series didn't have the budget or means for convincing flying daleks and only managed hovering at the end of it's run in 89.

RTD remembered just what a response that got at the time and wanted to repeat it with the first Dalek story, but looks like he got a bit carried away with subsequent stories.

Still, we'll have a reset button special on Saturday, no doubt, then some specials next year (hopefully with guest writers) and the great Moffat can take over.
Mon 30/06/08 at 19:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
I agree, I don't mind them levitating, this makes sense for simple obstacles. But the way they're shown lately to be nimble and energetic in the air sucks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.