GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok Evolution"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 21:44
Regular
Anyone heard any more info about which version is better xbox or gamecube? I've already read that the ps2 version has choppy frame rates and missing animation (still probably a great game if all you have is a ps2 though) but no one seems to know which is the better of the 2 newer formats. I am so keen to get my mitts on this game but having both systems don't know which to get and also just plain interested in which is better anyway. Acclaim themselves obviously aren't a good source as they claim practically all three are identical when clearly they are not as the ps2 version is struggling. Anyone seen any e3 comments on this game?
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Remember me?"
beanz wrote:
> Dark Mark wrote:
>
> Yes. It is a joke.
>
>
>
> *phew*...beanz is now very relieved...
> i thought it was...but just on the off chance you weren't...

Actually, it was 99% honesty and 1% joke...
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:29
Regular
It's true though you could fit an Xbox in Jade, come to think of it you could fit a PS2,GBA,GC,PC, Land Rover, Monster Truck and preety much everything else in that big horse like mouth of hers.
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ugh......Was waiting for this to happen, no doubt tomorrow I'll be wading through numurous Rinoa style posts from newbies and fanboys...
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:25
Regular
"accidental superher"
Dark Mark wrote:

> Yes. It is a joke.
>
>

*phew*...beanz is now very relieved...
i thought it was...but just on the off chance you weren't...
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:24
Regular
"Remember me?"
Another thing...

If you leave some monkeys in a room with a typewriter, they'll eventually produce Shakespeare.

If Microsoft had left a team of monkeys alone in a room with a pair of scissors and some sticky-back plastic, the X-Box controller might have even been half as good as the Gamecube one.
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dark Mark, we're here trying not to insult the X-Box forumers, just to sort out one annoying chimp.

:-)
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:19
Regular
"Remember me?"
beanz wrote:
> Dark Mark...i hope that last post was a joke...cos if it isn't then
> you've just stooped to the level that everyone has been complaining
> about

Yes. It is a joke.

Tue 16/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
"Remember me?"
P.S. The X-Box somewhat RESEMBLES Jade from Big Brother. Go figure!
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
Dark Mark...i hope that last post was a joke...cos if it isn't then you've just stooped to the level that everyone has been complaining about
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
If I may, I'd like to sum up why the X-Box is NOT the best console. To do this, I shall compare it to THE best console, the Nintendo Gamecube.

- To physically move an X-Box, you need a forklift truck, whereas to move a Gamecube you need an arm, fingers and an apposable thumb. The majority of people own an arm, fingers and an apposable thumb, whereas not many people own a forklift truck, thus making the X-Box somewhat difficult to get home after you buy it.

- Expanding on the fact that X-Box is, well, huge... is it really true that you can fit a christmas tree (standard size), a newborn baby AND Jade from Big Brother inside it? Oh and is it true that while Gamecube's design was conjured up by a talented and skilled team of designers, X-Box needed 10 architects to design it?

- Right then. X-Box has DVD playing capabilities. All well and good, but there are a few problems with that.

1) In this hi-tech day and age, many people already own a DVD player.
2) You need to fork out 25 odd quid for the DVD remote! Geez!!! If this isn't the most blatant money making scheme from a company that is already the most money-hungry team of cash-*****s in existance, I don't know what is.
3) Games console. See the words "DVD player" in there? No. And is there really a need for a games console to play DVD's? No.

I rest my case.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.