GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do we pay more than the American's or Japanese?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/11/00 at 20:55
Regular
You know what i'm sick of splashing out cash on computer hardware and games whereas i see my american and japanese counterparts spending their measly pocket change. This is a farce not only do we european gamers get everything last but for some reason we have to pay the most. i think we must have done something wrong (I bet it was tony blair the guy gets to everyone) nobody seems to like us. An example of this is the playstation2 we pay £299 for the normal package whereas americans pay $299 (roughly equating to £200) a whopping £100 difference. Our games are all high compared to the other continents, someone in America musn't realise that changing a dollar sign for a pound sign isn't converting money (DUH!!!). RARE (being the great company it is) is british based OK well why don't they at least try to release a game in their home first instead of wasting time sending it abroad before finally reaching us. You people tell me what you think this whole situation? personally i think its a disgrace as we play games as much as the next yank and japanese person.
Sun 05/11/00 at 18:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Errrr, this has gone from the Americans and Japanese getting stuff cheaper to petrol costs and whether petrol taxes save the environment.
Oh, we are awfully good at discussing different topics that effect our everyday lives!!
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't care that much, but when i think how much money they get from tax and they spend less than 10% on that thing, it's horrible, tax doesn't affect me yet as i'm only 16 and I don't work full time, I pay road tax but thats not much as my cars 18 years old!
I will be worried about tax though, I found out that if you earn £12,000, about 20%+ of that is taxed, so you get aroun £9,500! thats stupid! I want to know what they do with the rest of the money, we don't see anything but bad news, trains derailing, roads with holes, late busses that feel like they could fall apart, and high petrol costs!!! thats really the only thing I care about
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I don't think that when it comes to taxation the Government really cares, do you?
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
That would ruin the whole point of having E-Mail, when you send it, it should be recieved in a couple of minutes, with this you could be set back a few days!
this won't happen.
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I heard they were going to tax e-mails and start charging us for 1st and 2nd class, in conjuntion with the Royal Mail. All e-mail accounts would be held with them (subject to status) and your account would be debited each time you send one, 27p for 1st class and 22p for second. All the emails would be collected at their central server in Swindon, transcribed by a team of coders, then printed out, popped into an envelope, and delivered the next working day.
Who says British Industry is dead?
Sun 05/11/00 at 17:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't understand how it will save the environemtn, people will always use cars until the end of time, I doubt that there will be anything other than petrol guselling cars for atleast another hundred years, the big rich scientists are too fat to care about anything but what they'll be able to buy if the tax increases.
My car needs 4star, I used to think it was for the nice cars like porches and jaguars but i now know it's for all the crappy old ones as well, I have an A reg mini(looks nice but is costing me a bit) I have to say that crome is crap, always go for something cheaper! at my petrol station it is 87p for 4star, thats £45 for a full tank, this makes alot of bad gases=bad environment!
when your all 50yrs old you'll be driving these types of cars, and they're only getting less efficient,
Sun 05/11/00 at 16:37
Regular
Petrol Tax is great. It will save the envioronment!
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:51
Regular
NHS. The "wonderful" health service.

Mind you, I'm hardly ever out of bloody hospital, and I've always been treated fine.
Sun 05/11/00 at 15:47
if anyone has any other examples of the ill treatment of us europeans please share it with me.
Sun 05/11/00 at 13:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
American's pay 8p per gallon of petrol/gas, whatever, their gallons are about 2/3rds of the size of ours, so yes it is alot cheaper, but Americans have their own pertol refineries and mines, we don't it's shipped from Arabic countries.
We do buy the cheapest petrol, saw this some time ago now, if we didn't pay pertol it would be 14p out of a £1 of fuel, a lot of tax, they gave another example as well, if a Mars bar was 30p, withthe same amount of tax the mars bar would cost £2.40! hhmm, The govenment recieves around £3Billion a year from petrol and diesal tax each year, this money is supposed to be spent on roads and other such things, yet theyonly spend 6% of this money on our roads, buses and trains(they do actually spend money on trains). I could tell you all kinds of boring facts about taxes as i had to do some research on it, plus i like boring stuff like that, keeps me up with the times I guess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.