GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do we pay more than the American's or Japanese?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/11/00 at 20:55
Regular
You know what i'm sick of splashing out cash on computer hardware and games whereas i see my american and japanese counterparts spending their measly pocket change. This is a farce not only do we european gamers get everything last but for some reason we have to pay the most. i think we must have done something wrong (I bet it was tony blair the guy gets to everyone) nobody seems to like us. An example of this is the playstation2 we pay £299 for the normal package whereas americans pay $299 (roughly equating to £200) a whopping £100 difference. Our games are all high compared to the other continents, someone in America musn't realise that changing a dollar sign for a pound sign isn't converting money (DUH!!!). RARE (being the great company it is) is british based OK well why don't they at least try to release a game in their home first instead of wasting time sending it abroad before finally reaching us. You people tell me what you think this whole situation? personally i think its a disgrace as we play games as much as the next yank and japanese person.
Tue 07/11/00 at 19:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
petrol tax has lots to do with the environment, it's the same as putting up the price of ciggerettes, people will still smoke them unless they become something stupid like £50 for 10, but realsticly that won't happen, in a way it would be nice, but then.......
Yeah Americans do have it hard sometimes, they might not have such high wages as us and they're games might seem more expensive, e.g. if you go to France and but a bike, the bike would be 1000F! to us that sounds quite expensive anyway, but it would only be about £100(i said about, if it was a very good day) now, to us thats an excellent difference, depending on the bike you might just have the bargin of the year, but to the Franch this bike might seem a little over priced.
Tue 07/11/00 at 15:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Japan very cheap, US cheap, Europe....well, you know what the prices are like over here.
Tue 07/11/00 at 11:09
just expanding this forum i was wondering if anyone could tell me if the americans get stuff cheaper than the japanese or vice versa.
Mon 06/11/00 at 20:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Probably 'cos you're an annoying, iditoic maniac Grix mate. {:)
Mon 06/11/00 at 20:44
Regular
Petrol Tax will save the enviorment! Some people will use less petrol as a result (less pollution and use of the worlds resources so it lasts longer) and some of the extra money will go to envioronmental groups who will help protect the envioronment.

As for games prices, how much will Swordspines charge for their masterpeices Grix?
Mon 06/11/00 at 19:54
Regular
Its the packaging! Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me...
Mon 06/11/00 at 19:50
You know what i just heard that sony is losing money for every psx2 it sells!!! -at £299 how is this possible somebody EXPLAIN it to me.
Mon 06/11/00 at 09:03
Regular
Ah, I know, it was 'politically incorrect'. Sincere apologies there to anyone offended by my last post.
Mon 06/11/00 at 09:01
Regular
Plus the fact that we all keep paying these prices. Do you think they ever forgave us for Hiroshima? (oops, was that facist? racist? below the belt? or right on the button?)
Sun 05/11/00 at 18:40
I've seen the Americans complain about the price of computer games on an international discussion forum!They think they're hard done by!

It's not taxes which make everything so expensive, it's the fact that games companies know they can get away with it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.