GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newcastle's 10 million offer for Rivaldo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/06/02 at 20:21
Regular
I heard this from my friend that Newcastle have made 10 million offer for Rivaldo just for all you Newcastle fans and what do you think about it. I also think that Inter Milan have also made an offer.
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:17
Regular
I hope Rivaldo does leave Barcalona.

Then Riquelme has a better chance to became the great player his potential has shown and go on to win the World cup with Argentina in 2006! wooooooooooooo :)
Mon 22/07/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Taken from Teamtalk's world football section:

The future of Rivaldo is in doubt after he was released by Barcelona, with Italians Lazio claiming they are not interested in the Brazilian.

Rivaldo has been widely linked with a move away from the Nou Camp, despite protestations from both the club and the player that he was happy and keen to see out the remaining season of his contract.

Several clubs have expressed an interest in Rivaldo after attention was sparked by the signing of Boca Juniors' Juan Roman Riquelme. Riquelme became the fifth non-EU player on the first-team books at the Nou Camp, and with Spanish teams only allowed four, it seems Rivaldo has been sacrificed to open the way into the starting line-up for the Argentinian.

A club statement revealed: "FC Barcelona and Rivaldo wish to communicate that as from today (Sunday) both parts have arrived at an agreement to break the professional relationship they have maintained during the last five years. Both parts consider that this agreement responds to their mutual interests and wish to stress that up until now their relationship has been satisfactory and that the negotiations held have occurred in a positive atmosphere.

"FC Barcelona wish to make clear that they respect and acknowledge the contribution Rivaldo has made to the club over time he has been at the club as well as his constant professional attitude."

Newcastle United are unlikely to follow up their interest because of Rivaldo's wage demands, but Real Madrid may also enter the running for his signature.
Mon 22/07/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
WHOA! What'd he ever do to get released from his contract!!???

Oh, bet it's to assist the money crisis....

I reckon Liverpool should go for him - seeing that they're after a new midfielder after ending their interest in Lee Bowyer.
But Newcastle could be ok for him too...
No Man United though! He'd just do a Veron again!

Anywhere in the Premiership! That's where he should go next. :)
Mon 22/07/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Rivaldo has been released from his contract. It seems Lazio and Newcastle are not interested.
Sun 21/07/02 at 20:34
Regular
Barcelona have confirmed that Rivaldo is on his way. What Odds Leeds nip in for him, the fans will soon forget Rio.
Mon 17/06/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
£10m needs to be timesed by 4 at least before Barcelona may even consider it as a reasonable offer for a player like Rivaldo!

And aren't they linked with the same Brazillian every summer anyway???

Why would they need him??
And how would he fit in??

They're better off sticking with Robert, Dyer, Solano and co. rather than going for a player who could do the club serious financial damage.
And he'd probably soon wanna leave Newcastle shortly after when he realises how weak they are when challenging for honours.
Mon 17/06/02 at 09:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Personally I'd stay at River Plate instead of moving to Fenerbache.
Mon 17/06/02 at 07:17
John Arne Riise wrote:
> That is very cheap considering that someone like Frank Lampard costs
> £11 million over here.
>
> I suppose he has moved because of the guarentee of first team football
> and the chance to play in the champions league.

Yes it is cheap and i doubt anyone would keep him out of there side unless he had a bad dip in form it will be interesting to see how he fairs.
Sun 16/06/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
That is very cheap considering that someone like Frank Lampard costs £11 million over here.

I suppose he has moved because of the guarentee of first team football and the chance to play in the champions league.
Sun 16/06/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
right the fee is £6 mil and if you can locate Fenerbahce's website, theres more details on there.

Still, very cheap I say compared to the prices in England.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.