GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any of you read?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 15:22
Regular
Seeing as this is the music, tv, movies AND books forum, and seeing as there's very little in the way of book-related topics, what's everyone reading at the mo?

I'm reading Origin by Stephen Baxter, good hard sci-fi, and is the third in a trilogy.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:23
"Darkness, always"
Stryke wrote:
> Oh, and Borsk Fey'yla needs his Bothan head chopped off. By a
> lightsaber.

Actually, he dies when the Vong take Coruscant. He blows himself - and a few kilometres of city - up in an attempt to kill Tsavong Lah, which fails.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Whatever!"
At the moment Im reading Alfred Hitchcock Presents - A compilation of psychological/horror stories!
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:14
Regular
NOTHING is better than Lord of the Rings. Except possibly rock music. No, nothing is better than Lord of the Rings, and may your name turn gold if I'm wrong. Indeed.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:11
Regular
Oh, and Borsk Fey'yla needs his Bothan head chopped off. By a lightsaber.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:11
Regular
I'm waiting for the 7th book in Terry Goodkinds "Sword of Truth" series (which IS better than LotR, Stryke, :-D).

But in the meantime I'm working ym way through Elizabeth Haydon's series, called Rhapsody. On the second book at the moment, with the thrid due out sometime over the summer.

I'll be getting Tarry Pratchett's latest at some point as well.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:10
Regular
Hand of Thrawn duology? You bet. That's the one by Zahn, right, when Luke and Mara marry?

Those dastardly Vong will do something with the ysalamir, I bet. What they'll do next is discover Kit Fisto is still alive, and he'll kick Vong behind. I'm telling you.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:08
"Darkness, always"
Thrawn trilogy rocks. Have you read the Duology that followed?

The Vong haven't done anything with ysalamiri yet, but the possibility is there, since they still hold Myrkr.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:06
Regular
They suicided Lusankya? Aww, and after all the trouble Isard went to hide it. Anakin AND Jacen die? Jesus, these NJO books certainly aren't afraid to kill people. Chewie died in Vector Prime, first book of series...

I know what vornsykrs are. Have you read the Thrawn trilogy? Did they find the ysalimiri as well?
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:03
"Darkness, always"
Fill you in since Ithor? You're about 7 books behind mate.

Summary:

Centerpoint station kills loads of Vong - but even more Hapans - Hapans run away.
Jacen Solo duels Warmaster Tsavong Lah to save his mother, kicks his butt, and chops his foot off. In anger, Lah proposes peace - if the Republic turns over all the Jedi.
Vong attack Yavin 4, home of the Jedi academy, and Karrde helps them flee, but Anakin Solo and Tahiri are left behind, the latter captured by Vong. Anakin, assisted by a Vong "Shamed One" Vua Rapuung, rescues Tahiri, and New Republic retake Yavin, briefly.
More planets fall to Vong.

Vong take posession of myrkyr, home of a certain breed of Force hunting predators (Vornskyrs), and use them to shape a force hunting creature of their own. Using a single one of these creatures (whos name escapes me) the vong clone more and send them out to hunt Jedi. The jedi know they must kill this "queen" and concoct a plan to get a group of Jedi children abaoard the Vong worldship to kill it. Most of the children are slaughtered, including Anakin Solo, and Jacen Solo is captured.

Jaina Solo starts spouting zappy lightning bolts and seeths with rage a la dark side.

The Vong take Coruscant.

Loads of Jedi feel Jacen die in captivity. Jaina is displeased, but develops technology to fool Vong sensors, and gains a reputation as a sending of "Yun-Harla" the Vong trickster goddess.

New republic forces retake Borleias - the world en route to Coruscant, and a vital military hotspot, and dig in with the Lusankya as company, all under the command of mister Wedge Antilles. Luke, Mara and wraith squadron drop in on coruscant to look for survivors.

Luke finds a 3 metre tall Dark Jedi and a force fountain, Wedge finds a Vong worldship. Luke kills dark jedi, vong worldship attacks Borleias.

Lusankya is suicided to take out the worldship, and New republic again flees Borleias, leaving it in Vong hands.

bout it so far...
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:57
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
You guys read any Tad Williams? I read the Memory, Sorrow & Thorn series a few years back; bit pixified, and I didn't really like his style of writing. Nothing much seemed to happen.

But, my point is, his latest series, the Otherland books are really good. Near future, corporations and loony VR internet crime.
Worth checking out.

And of course, William Gibson, start with Neuromancer and work your way forward.

ho hum. Think I'll go home....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.