GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any of you read?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/06/02 at 15:22
Regular
Seeing as this is the music, tv, movies AND books forum, and seeing as there's very little in the way of book-related topics, what's everyone reading at the mo?

I'm reading Origin by Stephen Baxter, good hard sci-fi, and is the third in a trilogy.
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The missus bought me the Lord Of The Rings trilogy for my birthday but thought I should read The Hobbit first so I'm on my way through that.
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:42
LOTR again I just love that book
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Um... does FHM count as a book?

Every so often I dig out Jurassic Park or The Lost World, or one of my many, MANY Point Horror books (used to read them when I was in primary school and the first few years of high school) I used to read every single night, without fail. Now it's like once a month at the most, which is a pity, as I love reading
Wed 12/06/02 at 17:05
"Mimmargh!"
I am reading a book called The Human Pedigree.
About human genetics, evolution, the future etc, etc....
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:35
"Darkness, always"
I meant Face is in charge of Wraith Squadron, not Rogue....
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:35
"Darkness, always"
Ackbar hasn't featured at all. Treyst Kre'fey or whatever his name is is in charge of New Republic Fleet Command.

But be mindful - Wedge is out of retirement, Rogue Squadron (with Face in charge) are there, Kyp Durron has grown up to be an agressive stirrer etc.

As for having a nephew among the Chiss... Jag Fel is technically human, he just grew up among the Chiss, and only then because Soontir Fel was an Imperial pilot assigned in Chiss space even in the Thrawn Duology. It was a foregone conclusion that this would occur.

It's certainly worth reading the rest of the series, as each different author brings in their own favourite characters from previous series'. Aaron Allston bringing in the Wraiths and Rogues and his usual humour has certainly spiced things up again. I may have to buy more of his books.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:27
Regular
So, whats old Ackbar up to? He ruled in the X-Wing books. I don't actually like the NJO books that much. They're good books, but it's not classic Star Wars e.g. Wedge is retired, he has a nephew among the Chiss and Gavin Darklighter has control of Rogue Squadron. That sucks.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:26
Stryke wrote:
> NOTHING is better than Lord of the Rings. Except possibly rock music.
> No, nothing is better than Lord of the Rings, and may your name turn
> gold if I'm wrong. Indeed.

Could't of said it better my self, so I won't bother...erm...bye
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:24
"Darkness, always"
Stryke wrote:
> Hand of Thrawn duology? You bet. That's the one by Zahn, right, when
> Luke and Mara marry?

Well, they don't *actually* marry in that, just get engaged. But the duology does rock awesomely.
Wed 12/06/02 at 16:24
Regular
I approve.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.