GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man: The Movie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
Just seen it in a preview screen at a cinema near me.

Great film. All the effects are really good and so is the story.
Some people say it's better than Star Wars but I have not seen that so I cannot say.

But the film is brill, if you haven't seen it already (cinemas near you might be previewing) I rocomend you see it, you won't be dissapointed.
Sat 08/06/02 at 19:11
Regular
Oh dear. Just come back from it.

It started so promisingly, the way mr.Parker developed into Spiderman was slightly comical but very well done. Then from then on it was just pure and utter cheese. It escalated into one big power rangers rip-off. The effects were average, what i come to expect nowadays, and the plot was terribly predictable.

Complete waste of time/money. The ending was poor "i am Spiderman" was the last words, exactly in place for a cheapskate sequel *shakes fist* im not impressed.
Sat 08/06/02 at 20:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Vottanator wrote:
Putting a CG man (not
> alien!) in the same shot as real men just doesn't work.

I seem to recall that Al Pacino is in a movie in development at the moment, in which one of the characters is entirely CG. That, based on your logic, should fail miserably.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:

> I seem to recall that Al Pacino is in a movie in development at the
> moment, in which one of the characters is entirely CG. That, based on
> your logic, should fail miserably.

It's called sim0ne. All actors in the film are real, its just one of them plays a CGI person. Basically al pachino makes an actress on his computer, and she becomes big and all that, anyway, I don't think there is any charecter in the film who is completely CGI animated.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Some of the stuntmen in Pearl Harbour were CG, and as you didn't see them up close, they looked believeable

Just saw a thing about Hollywood on BBC2, and they showed how in Gladiator, the actor Oliver Reed died before they'd finished filming his scenes. Now that I've seen that backgrounds/people etc were added digitally to his final scenes, I can see it's fake. It's like when you EXPECT something to be fake, ie you *know* they can't really have a person doing the things Spidey does, you spot it. However, when you don't even know it's CGI (like some of the stuff in Pearl Harbour) it seems real
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I thought the pearl harbour attack was just plain stupid. Mostly CGI, it didn't at once seem real to me, it made me feel like I watching star wars. Like the rest of the film, a big dissapointment.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
I saw this film when I was in the states recently, it is preety good except for the continuity errors.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:49
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, the CG planes in Pearl Harbour didn't look too good, but the ships did and most of the explosions did
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yeah, the CG planes in Pearl Harbour didn't look too good, but the
> ships did and most of the explosions did

Agreed, the explosions looked awesome when they bombed that japanease factory. The problem I had was with all those planes crashing. Just felt like the special effects team where showing off a little.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, my brother will be getting back from seeing the film soon so I'll ask him how it was.
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:04
Regular
"I love Dave music"
OK. Saw it last night and thought it was OK. Not brilliant, but OK. Two of my friends said it was awful, no-one thought it was excellent.

It just seemed like too much of a set-up for a sequel/trilogy. Sure, Parker was good, and so was Dunst, but the plot just seemed a bit thin. Nothing much really happens. There are a couple of "battles", but the main fight scene just seems to be another small bit, and then the film ends.

Now I have no problem with a film being intended as the start of a trilogy, as long as they still make it a good film. Each section has to be good as a film itself. This one isn't. Hopefully the second one will be better. (Obviously the exception to this rule is LotR where you are never expected to only see one of the films).

This is a good film to waste a couple of hours. It is a blockbuster - normal rules apply, lots of explosions, SFX and cheesy lines. Go in expecting the above and you'll enjoy it. Go in expecting an amazing movie and you'll be disappointed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.