GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man: The Movie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
Just seen it in a preview screen at a cinema near me.

Great film. All the effects are really good and so is the story.
Some people say it's better than Star Wars but I have not seen that so I cannot say.

But the film is brill, if you haven't seen it already (cinemas near you might be previewing) I rocomend you see it, you won't be dissapointed.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
Just seen it in a preview screen at a cinema near me.

Great film. All the effects are really good and so is the story.
Some people say it's better than Star Wars but I have not seen that so I cannot say.

But the film is brill, if you haven't seen it already (cinemas near you might be previewing) I rocomend you see it, you won't be dissapointed.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Devil-Bøy wrote:
All the effects are really good

--------

No. They're not

There's no excuse for shoddy CGI, especially when they have a $100 million budget
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
Yes they are, especially when he's climbing walls and hanging upsidedown.
Sat 08/06/02 at 14:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Devil-Bøy wrote:
> Yes they are

--------

No. They're not. You can blatantly tell when they've used a CG Spidey, the rest of the time it looks good, but when they used a CG Spidey or Goblin, it looked pitiful
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:45
Regular
Yeah OK the CG bits aren't good :D
Like near the start when he's climbing the walls in his wrestling costume :)
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Who cares if the CGI is good or not? Just so long as the film itself good, I couldn't care less.
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
You can blatantly tell when they've used a CG Spidey, the rest of the time it looks good, but when they used a CG Spidey or Goblin, it looked pitiful

Name one film where it doesn't look pitiful. Putting a CG man (not alien!) in the same shot as real men just doesn't work. Remember Blade 2? It looked terrible!
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:03
Regular
"That's right!"
Exactly. Remember a few years ago, CGI fooled EVERYONE, and I think that's made companies think they can get away with any old tripe. Yoda in Ep 2 looked so fake, especially when he started jumping around with his 'sabre

As for whether the film is good or not, there's no excuse for bad effects, the CG Spidey SHOULD have looked good

Maybe in a few more years they can do it better
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:44
Regular
Spiderman looked alright in some parts of the film.

And Yoda in Star Wars, he looks good, but fake like you say, I htink he's too shiny

:D
Sat 08/06/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Devil-Bøy wrote:
I htink he's too shiny

That's what I hate about CGI. Everything is so shiny. Yoda in the original films looks far better than in the new films. Same with the ships. The Naboo Starfighters and Natalie Portman's ship are so shiny and don't look anywhere near as good as the X-Wings, Y-Wings and all other Wings from the original trilogy.

Also, Jaws looks better than those damn CG sharks in Deep Blue Sea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.