GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-man: The Movie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 21:53
Regular
Just seen it in a preview screen at a cinema near me.

Great film. All the effects are really good and so is the story.
Some people say it's better than Star Wars but I have not seen that so I cannot say.

But the film is brill, if you haven't seen it already (cinemas near you might be previewing) I rocomend you see it, you won't be dissapointed.
Mon 10/06/02 at 20:59
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I was tempted to watch my friends' pirate Dvd, but saw it on the big screen last Saturday instead. Top film, but the style of acting was a bit kiddy. And the film was a 12....
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:26
Regular
"That's right!"
During the film I was thinking "This is good" but at the end, I was like "Hmm, nothing special"

Thinking back I actually enjoyed it, and hopefully seeing it on a proper cinema screen sometime soon (instead of on my PC) will make it better

I've been wanting to re-watch it for ages, but I've stopped myself, I'd rather watch it on the big screen
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:26
Regular
I meant I enjoyed the film.
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:24
Regular
Same here.
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, my brother wasn't too impressed. He said it was "okay, nothing special."

He said he'd probably think think it was great today, but when he saw it in the cinema he said it was "okay".
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I thought Spider-Man was a great film. I really did enjoy it.
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:38
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
I have heard it is not any good.
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:04
Regular
"I love Dave music"
OK. Saw it last night and thought it was OK. Not brilliant, but OK. Two of my friends said it was awful, no-one thought it was excellent.

It just seemed like too much of a set-up for a sequel/trilogy. Sure, Parker was good, and so was Dunst, but the plot just seemed a bit thin. Nothing much really happens. There are a couple of "battles", but the main fight scene just seems to be another small bit, and then the film ends.

Now I have no problem with a film being intended as the start of a trilogy, as long as they still make it a good film. Each section has to be good as a film itself. This one isn't. Hopefully the second one will be better. (Obviously the exception to this rule is LotR where you are never expected to only see one of the films).

This is a good film to waste a couple of hours. It is a blockbuster - normal rules apply, lots of explosions, SFX and cheesy lines. Go in expecting the above and you'll enjoy it. Go in expecting an amazing movie and you'll be disappointed.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, my brother will be getting back from seeing the film soon so I'll ask him how it was.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yeah, the CG planes in Pearl Harbour didn't look too good, but the
> ships did and most of the explosions did

Agreed, the explosions looked awesome when they bombed that japanease factory. The problem I had was with all those planes crashing. Just felt like the special effects team where showing off a little.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.