GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHERE'S MY GAMECUBE ?????????"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 14:47
Regular
Ordered my Gamecube on the 18th April.
You've had my money since the 21st April.
Rang you last week and you said it would be sent out thursday or friday.

My order details still say its BACK ORDERED.!!!

Where the HELL IS IT ?????

What really narks me is that you are still taking orders. If you cannot forfill orders that are 6 weeks old, how can you do this ????

Yours Extremely P****D OFF

Dave
Wed 05/06/02 at 16:00
Regular
"keep your receipt"
DaveA, I know how frustrating it is to have to wait for something you really want. Only today did my book arrive from Amazon that I pre-ordered two weeks ago.

But i knew I had to wait, because of the high demand. I accepted that there would be a high demand because I knew that it was a good book I was getting. You know that the GameCube is a good machine, that's why you've ordered it.

Now I've got the book I can't even remember what it felt like waiting anymore. I can't remember what it felt like waiting for my GameCube. SR use Parcel Force's 24-hour delivery. I would expect your order to be shipped today, to arrive to you tomorrow or friday.

But don't take my word for it, ring up SR and sort it out.

And just because Amazon kept me waiting doesn't mean I'm going to stop using them. Although it annoyed me, yes, I know in my heart that they are a good reliable company. SR is too. You chose the cheapest place to buy that gave the best service, and although you might not think it right now that's what you got. It would be a mistake to defect to another company.
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They have been keeping us informed on the forums, they even stopped taking orders very recently - full stop!
They keep saying it'll be another 2 weeks yet, every week - as they keep getting let down by their supliers or something.

Nintendo should've started with 1 million units in Europe at least!
They'd still be on very-high demand now!!
They knew that their console was gunna be on high-demand, and they had more than enough time to produce double the amount for us - surely!

But for one reason or another they didn't. :(
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:35
I know its Nintendo's fault.

I just think its bad customer service for SR not too keep their customers informed.
Why should I contact them at my cost (or my employers cos I'm at work now !!). They should be contacting me telling me the state of play.

When they stopped taking orders I was quite pleased. Theres' a responsible company I thought. But that didn't last for long.

This is my first order with SR apart from web domains and I expected better service than this.

I work 200 yards away from Dixons who've got them in stock now. I absolutely hate Dixons cos of their hard sale of warrenties so I decided to give SR a go.

Sorry but once I've received my Gamecube then I'll take my business else where.

DaveA
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hey, don't blame SR!

It's Nintendo's fault if anyone's! It all started when they only shipped over 500,000 GameCube units for the whole of Europe - the biggest market in the world in terms of size!

Just be patient, I know it's bloody hard to have to wait this long but there's nothing that SR can do to make it go any faster - not even bribery or The Mafia could help!

Enjoy your N64 or something while you're waiting - some real quality gaming in there to keep you occupied!
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:21
Regular
"not dead"
Then phone them.

They will honestly tell you if your GC has been shipped, or if they're still waiting to recieve more units.

I see how frustrating it can be though. Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough, and hopefully you'll enjoy it.
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:14
Yes I did order it a couple of weeks before release BUT I did not expect to get it straight away.

When I rang last week they said it would go out thursday or Friday. It says quite clearly on the site that I will be emailed as soon as it is dispatched.

I have not received an email confirming dispatch and my order details still say BACK ORDERED which means it has not been dispatched.

Any half decent company would have the guts to keep their customers informed as to what is going on, not just keep quite.

DaveA
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
"not dead"
So, you ordered it a couple of weeks before launch, knowing it would be a sell out, and you'd have to wait for a later shipment.

So then you hear that it might be sent out at the tail end of last week, and it hasn't arrived yet on the first working day after the weekend.

What do you expect them to do, deliver it personally to your door?

Other people had the sense to order earlier, and they already have theirs.

Hey, here's a suggestion, maybe SR magiced it to you! Maybe they magiced it right into your pants! Go on, have a look.

What did you find?

That's right, now go play with it.

W.....
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:47
Ordered my Gamecube on the 18th April.
You've had my money since the 21st April.
Rang you last week and you said it would be sent out thursday or friday.

My order details still say its BACK ORDERED.!!!

Where the HELL IS IT ?????

What really narks me is that you are still taking orders. If you cannot forfill orders that are 6 weeks old, how can you do this ????

Yours Extremely P****D OFF

Dave

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.