GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smash Bros Melee"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 12:11
Regular
Has anyone had theres sent yet. They haven't sent mine it just says Item back ordered. They're leaving it abit late to send them aren' they, it comes out tomorrow. Was just wondering, I leave college tomorrow and I want it to play in my study leave.
Mon 27/05/02 at 20:29
thats how your meant to get him. event 37
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
To get Pichu the easier way, just go through event mode and after yuo get to a cetain event,( around the 30's) you can fight him from there. Saves you a hec of a lot of time.

Oh, and I got over 300 with fox on the sandbag game, just hammer b to use his gun and get the percentage up to about 80% and then smash with the baseball bat. Done.
Mon 27/05/02 at 16:04
I don't think it's a killer app, but it's definitely fun. Great character graphics as well. For example, if you zoom in on the DK trophy, you have to go pretty much to max zoom before the fur texture loses it's definition.

There is plenty of stuff to do, though you could argue that a lot of it is a slight variation on a theme. Plus there's some humour in there as well. Kirby with a floppy Sheikh fringe puts a smile on my face.
Mon 27/05/02 at 15:45
Bleeders wrote:
> As recent opinions seem to point at; Melee seems to suffer from the
> Marmite syndrome - you'll either love it or hate it.

I love Marmite, yum!
Mon 27/05/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
As recent opinions seem to point at; Melee seems to suffer from the Marmite syndrome - you'll either love it or hate it.
Mon 27/05/02 at 14:34
For those who have 4 controllers plug em all in and play for 5 hours to mew2. I've seen alot of people saying its 20hours but thats for one controller, if your trying to get the secret characters and that I suggest you go to www.nintendovip.com and read the guide it has there.
Has anyone work out what game Roy is in yet? it just says future release on his trophie.
Mon 27/05/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Better Than You"
Why don't you go on my super smash bros (I've got two but one says go to the other) cos thats the one where you say what youve done and havent done.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:21
I bought SSBM yesterday, but as yet haven't had more than 15 minutes with it (eurovision last night hogged the TV and my 3 year old son is up now).

When I put my lad to bed (about half an hour) I'll be attacking the game.

One thing I did notice though, is that when you start the game (create the game save) the game looks at your memory card. Based on the game saves on there you get bonus coins. I've got to do some more experimenting, but when I start the game I get 5 free coins, when my wife puts her memory card in, she doesn't get any.

It must be something to do with the state of the game saves. I've got a completed luigi's mansion on there, a rogue leader with a handful of golds, and a few other game saves.

I think I need to do some experimenting with another memory card, see which game saves give bonus coins by copying them over to the card and restarting the SSBM game.

Anyone interested in the findings? Or am I posting info people already know about.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:21
auf deutsch wrote:
> I just got Pichu, so tiring playing vs mode 200 damn times!
>
> Anyone got Mewtwo yet, other than Ashman, that is?

its 700 times to get mewtwo
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:01
Regular
Home run contest is really hard

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.