GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC GAMING - Longest thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 12:04
Regular
Yep that's right, there's been scores of these starting up, but all have failed. Let's make this thread a place for PC gamers to chat. Post anything you like in here, comments, reviews, but no spam please.

OK, lets keep this going gamers. For beige box and country!!
Or something like that. :)
Page:
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Its settled then, next time I see x-wing allience, I'll buy it. I haven't played a star wars game like allience or tie fighter in a while, I think it'll great to catch up on the franchise.

You beta tested Warcraft III IB! I've tried to sign up for beta tests before but have always failed :( But still, you sound like a fan of the series, and if you think the games rocks, then it should be good. I'll be keeping my eye on it from now on.
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Heh, I liked your tombstone inscription IB.
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:31
"Darkness, always"
Agreed with Hobbo that X-Wing Alliance rocks. I wish they would bring out another in that series. With the sort of graphics that are flying about these days, it would look superb.

And yes cipro, I beta tested WCIII. Don't you wish you were me?
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:
> I never played Alliance, but I it'll be on budget now so may be worth
> looking into. One of the reasons I never played the game where because
> I didn't think it was ever going to surpass Tie Fighter, which for me
> is 'The' best star wars game ever.
>
> It looks old, but it still plays a hell of allot better than most star
> wars games out at the moment, a true testament to how brilliant the
> game actually is. Its how all star wars games should be made, games,
> which keep fans of SW and newbies to the films entertained for hours,
> instead of a total cash-in, which doesn’t do Lucas arts, or the films
> justice?

Alliance is fairly similar to Tie-Fighter, but it has had such an extraordinary amount of love lavished upon it, that it has really blossomed. It is well worth getting.
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Although it is now showing it's age, X-Wing Alliance is one of the
> very finest games you will ever play. It mixes atmosphere, tension,
> good graphics(they were ground-breaking at the time) and phenomenal
> gameplay to create something that Lucasarts should be very proud of

I never played Alliance, but I it'll be on budget now so may be worth looking into. One of the reasons I never played the game where because I didn't think it was ever going to surpass Tie Fighter, which for me is 'The' best star wars game ever.

It looks old, but it still plays a hell of allot better than most star wars games out at the moment, a true testament to how brilliant the game actually is. Its how all star wars games should be made, games, which keep fans of SW and newbies to the films entertained for hours, instead of a total cash-in, which doesn’t do Lucas arts, or the films justice?
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Bah, back to game discussion.
>
> favorite game:
>
> StarCraft: Broodwar
> easilly the finest RTS game available, the only thing that could
> possibly surpass it is the (very) long awaited WarCraft III (which
> I've played, and it ROCKS).

Agreed. I have starcraft and brood war, and they kept me entertained for hours, the game had more in the way of improvements from other, good but less evolved games like command and conquer. Infact I've been meaning to reinstall it for sometime, mainly because I wasn't connected to the internet last time I played the game, and multiplayer is something I would like to try. And how did you get to play warcraft 3? Did you beta test it
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Although it is now showing it's age, X-Wing Alliance is one of the very finest games you will ever play. It mixes atmosphere, tension, good graphics(they were ground-breaking at the time) and phenomenal gameplay to create something that Lucasarts should be very proud of.
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:47
"Darkness, always"
Bah, back to game discussion.

favorite game:

StarCraft: Broodwar
easilly the finest RTS game available, the only thing that could possibly surpass it is the (very) long awaited WarCraft III (which I've played, and it ROCKS).

Game most interested in hearing more of:

a tie between Homeworld II and the new Elite game (which seems to have disappeared)

post away
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think we could up the post count by talking about PC games, I think that would the thread more instead of another game chain. If you must though:

Soldier of Fourtune
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

No-one said it wouldn't be. The object is to up the post count.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.