GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gta3 on pc"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
is gta3 any good on pc
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jez13 wrote:
> Have you ever heard of the xbox! GTA3 is on that too, and has class
> graphics, but is still best played on PS2.

I'm afraid not. GTA3 is now an exclusive titles on the PS2 until 2004 including the new add-on game planned for october. Its on the PC, but the PC isn't really a console so it isn't in direct competition with the PS2.
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:36
Have a look if you don't believe me. click xbox then games and you'll see that it's on xbox as well.
Sun 26/05/02 at 14:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm sorry to dissapoint you Jez, but rockstar announced through the week that the PS2 will be the 'only' console to have GTA3. This is until 2004, so even if the game is coming out on the x-box, it won.t be for 2 years.
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:28
I have had problems loading gta3 on the pc. I have all of the requirements to run it and have still only managed to have the rockstar screen come up and then dissapear. I have the matrox g400 video card. I would really appreciate any help with this.
Many Thanks
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:02
"Darkness, always"
Jez13 wrote:
> What are you talking about? You must be insane if you think GTA3 is
> crap. It's not the best selling game on PS2 for know reason. I think
> you played it for 5 minutes, Said it was rubbish, played on it some
> more and when you realised how good it actually is, you had to say all
> this crap about 12 year olds and nothing new because your too proud to
> admit your wrong.

No. I think it's an absolutely apalling game. Sorry. I won't go near it with a ten-foot pole, and I'll avoid any and all sequels simply because I have found the first three games to complete crap, despite the amount of praise they've recieved. As far as I can tell, the only thing the first game had going for it was originality, and press coverage. The shock factor is gone, as is the originality. What's left then? A mundane, and unoriginal game with okish graphics, no strategy, and less than half the gameplay required to keep someone like me involved.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> No. I think it's an absolutely apalling game. Sorry. I won't go near
> it with a ten-foot pole, and I'll avoid any and all sequels simply
> because I have found the first three games to complete crap, despite
> the amount of praise they've recieved. As far as I can tell, the only
> thing the first game had going for it was originality, and press
> coverage. The shock factor is gone, as is the originality. What's left
> then? A mundane, and unoriginal game with okish graphics, no strategy,
> and less than half the gameplay required to keep someone like me
> involved.

Having played on it for only an hour, if that, then you are not entitled to an opinion. What friends you are racking up here for slagging off a game that you have barely played. (notice the sarcasm there?) Pathetic!!
Mon 27/05/02 at 11:24
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Having played on it for only an hour, if that, then you are not
> entitled to an opinion. What friends you are racking up here for
> slagging off a game that you have barely played. (notice the sarcasm
> there?) Pathetic!!

What good is a game that has you bored to tears after playing it for so short a time? It offers me nothing. It really doesn't light my fire. If you like unoriginal, average looking, listless games, then GTA3 is for you. Personally, I like some playability, startegy, and involvement in a game. GTA3 seems to offer none of this. The "only reason to buy a PS2" doesn't inspire me to bother.
Mon 27/05/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> What good is a game that has you bored to tears after playing it for
> so short a time? It offers me nothing. It really doesn't light my
> fire. If you like unoriginal, average looking, listless games, then
> GTA3 is for you.

GTA3 is neither unoriginal nor listless. It's idea was unique at the time of conception, and with the possible exception of Driver 2, the whole creation is original.

> Personally, I like some playability, startegy, and
> involvement in a game. GTA3 seems to offer none of this.

GTA3 can't offer strategy because it's not a strategy game. But it's playability and involvement are huge selling factors.

> The "only reason to buy a PS2" doesn't inspire me to bother.

Then get it for PC. Or if you don't, then just don't try and put others off it with your criticism.
Mon 27/05/02 at 15:04
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> GTA3 is neither unoriginal nor listless. It's idea was unique at the
> time of conception, and with the possible exception of Driver 2, the
> whole creation is original.

No, GTA was original. Ipso Facto, GTA3 is not.

> GTA3 can't offer strategy because it's not a strategy game. But it's
> playability and involvement are huge selling factors.

All games contain strategy, whether labelled strategy games or not. If a game has no strategy, it isn't worth playing. Tetris had strategy, Mario Bros. had strategy, Gran Tourismo has strategy. GTA3 does not.

> Then get it for PC. Or if you don't, then just don't try and put
> others off it with your criticism.

I'd sooner smash my hdd over my knee. If people intend to buy the game, they won't listen to me about it anyway.
Tue 28/05/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> No, GTA was original. Ipso Facto, GTA3 is not.

We are talking about the whole game here, not the concept. Now the game has turned 3D that is another innovative turn, thus making it original, except for maybe Driver 2, like I mentioned before.
>
>
> GTA3 can't offer strategy because it's not a strategy game. But
> it's
> playability and involvement are huge selling factors.
>
> All games contain strategy------------GTA3 does not.

Not all games contain strategy, and you directly contradicted yourself in that sentence, so unsure are you of what you really mean.

> I'd sooner smash my hdd over my knee. If people intend to buy the
> game, they won't listen to me about it anyway.

You'd be surprised, some gullible fools believe everything they read.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.