GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gta3 on pc"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
is gta3 any good on pc
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:22
"Darkness, always"
oh come now, you don't have to hide your feelings from me.
Fri 24/05/02 at 09:16
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Oh, I played the game on PS2 ages ago. Not only did it not impress me,
> I found it to be an appaling waste of time of a game. Plus I know
> plenty of people who don't like it. Just because the only joy you can
> extract from your miserable existance is pretending to be a criminal,
> doesn't make it a good game.
>
> A decent escape form a poor life perhaps, but not a good game.

Firstly we are talking about the quality PC version, not your console crap, and secondly, read philgash123's recent GAD win on the joys of GTA3 if you are too naive to see them for yourself.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Apparently on the PC version you can put yourself in the game - something you can't do on a console!

All you have to do is photo your face and stick it onto a body and hey presto - you'll be getting locked up now!
I think you can also change the clothes, but that'll probably envlove 'skin-wrapping' like with The Sims.

Other than that all GTA games are great and no.3 has to be the best around!
But I haven't played it yet and my PC's not good enough to run it well. :(
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:02
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Thanks Solskjaer, that provides yet another reason to ensure that Insane Bartender continues to drown in his own opinions. :)
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:06
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Firstly we are talking about the quality PC version, not your console
> crap, and secondly, read philgash123's recent GAD win on the joys of
> GTA3 if you are too naive to see them for yourself.

The PC version differs i little more than window dressing, I don't OWN a PS2, i do OWN a PC and GameCube, so my answer was entirely relevant, and as for GAD wins, they are based on interesting posts, not necesarilly accurate ones. It's opinions they are given for, not spewing mindless facts. People are entitled to their opinions, but GTA3 is such an incredibly average game, I'm stunned so many people like it.

Morning btw mister "Shirley"
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> The PC version differs i little more than window dressing, I don't OWN
> a PS2, i do OWN a PC and GameCube, so my answer was entirely relevant,
> and as for GAD wins, they are based on interesting posts, not
> necesarilly accurate ones. It's opinions they are given for, not
> spewing mindless facts. People are entitled to their opinions, but
> GTA3 is such an incredibly average game, I'm stunned so many people
> like it.

You really do insist on staying on the same sinking ship as your opinions don't you. Check out the reviews and you will find that there are 187 for the PS2 format alone. And the average score is 97%
When faced with insurmountable odds like this I would rather take the opinion of the majority than the opinion of your own latin-spewing self. OK? :)
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:27
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:

> You really do insist on staying on the same sinking ship as your
> opinions don't you. Check out the reviews and you will find that
> there are 187 for the PS2 format alone. And the average score is
> 97%
> When faced with insurmountable odds like this I would rather take the
> opinion of the majority than the opinion of your own latin-spewing
> self. OK? :)

187 reviews mostly by 12 year olds. Yes, I'll listen to them. GTA3 is crap, nothing you say will change the way I feel. It is unoriginal, nothing new in gameplay or graphics, and forces my eyes closed when I play it.
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> 187 reviews mostly by 12 year olds. Yes, I'll listen to them. GTA3 is
> crap, nothing you say will change the way I feel. It is unoriginal,
> nothing new in gameplay or graphics, and forces my eyes closed when I
> play it.

Your logic really is laughable. You say you haven't got a PS2. That means you must have played it elsewhere, and in doing so you have obviously not explored the game fully. To tell you the truth, i honestly think that you have never played GTA3 and are still trying to defend your earlier 'GTA3 is gay' comment.

And you know that the average age, and intelligence, of these forums is considerably higher than you make out. Wild exaggerations won't help your cause.
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:48
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Your logic really is laughable. You say you haven't got a PS2. That
> means you must have played it elsewhere, and in doing so you have
> obviously not explored the game fully. To tell you the truth, i
> honestly think that you have never played GTA3 and are still trying to
> defend your earlier 'GTA3 is gay' comment.
>

I played it for about an hour, which was more than I could take, I was bored after about 15 minutes.

> And you know that the average age, and intelligence, of these forums
> is considerably higher than you make out. Wild exaggerations won't
> help your cause.

who's exaggerating? The average person on these forums doesn't own a PS2. Go figure.
Sat 25/05/02 at 22:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
GTA3 is a good game. To slate it on the pretence that it's main appeal lies in it being an escape from reality is to slate just about every computer game around. If it's not your thing, then fine. It may not be everyone's cup of tea.

However, so long as people like to kill in games, and like the freedom of exploring a virtual world, then GTA3 certainly has aspects in it's favour. It allows you to do as you wish in a dynamic reality-based world. What's more, is that it allows this to be done in ways not previously explored to the same level of interaction.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.