GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gta3 on pc"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
is gta3 any good on pc
Sat 25/05/02 at 22:58
Umm, some of you don't realise that GTA3 is just like any other game, some people love it, some people like it, some people think its ok, some people dislike it, and some people hate it. Oh yeah, and some people just dont care. Well I personally like it. I dont own a PS2, I just own a PC. I've played it a fair bit on the PS2 but not on the PC. What I want to know is from someone thats played it on both, which format is it best on? I have a 500mhz Celeron, 386MB, 64MB DDR Radeon, 40GB HDD and I want GTA3. Do I get it on PC or do I buy a PS2 or XBox and get it on that? Would it run ok on a 500mhz celeron? If I was to get it on PC I would probably upgrade to 1500-1000 P3 or AMD but would it run on a 500 Celeron in the mean time and would a 1500-1000 P3 or AMD make it run in all its glory with my other current specs?

Stu
Sat 25/05/02 at 23:02
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I have a 600mhz Celeron with 256MB RAM. I'll be getting the PC version soon, so I'll let you know how it holds up on my PC.
Sat 25/05/02 at 23:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm considering getting it for the PC despite owning it for the PS2. The only reason I want to is because with the PC version you'll be able to download extra cars and skin as well as other stuff. I have no idea which version is better, or indeed what specs it can be run on, but I think it will make a worthwhile purchase on the PC.

And if you want it on a console then get a PS2. Thats the only console which has the game, plus there is an add-on planned for the console later this year. GTA: Vice city.
Sun 26/05/02 at 00:06
just got gta3 today, and i think that it's great.

just one problem, can anyone tell me how to save my games?

thanks

dustin
Sun 26/05/02 at 00:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
dustin wrote:
> just got gta3 today, and i think that it's great.
>
> just one problem, can anyone tell me how to save my games?
>
> thanks
>
> dustin

You've got it delivered TODAY, played it TODAY and had time to post here TODAY!

That's quite a lot of stuff to do in 6 minutes of TODAY!
Sun 26/05/02 at 08:45
i wouldn't get it for the pc as well. It's almost the same, but it's good if you dont have a games console. it's kind of hard to control i think. What about everyone else?
Sun 26/05/02 at 08:53
Definately get it on PS2. As wll as GTA3, there are loads of other class games like GT3 and, of course, metal gear solid 2. I like this game, but why so much hype about it on pc? Someone reply and tell me some points that make it better on pc, or is it just that the games so big on PS2, that it couldn't avoid the hype. You tell me
Sun 26/05/02 at 08:56
cipro wrote:
> I'm considering getting it for the PC despite owning it for the PS2.
> The only reason I want to is because with the PC version you'll be
> able to download extra cars and skin as well as other stuff. I have no
> idea which version is better, or indeed what specs it can be run on,
> but I think it will make a worthwhile purchase on the PC.
>
> And if you want it on a console then get a PS2. Thats the only console
> which has the game, plus there is an add-on planned for the console
> later this year. GTA: Vice city.

Have you ever heard of the xbox! GTA3 is on that too, and has class graphics, but is still best played on PS2.
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:04
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> 187 reviews mostly by 12 year olds. Yes, I'll listen to them. GTA3
> is
> crap, nothing you say will change the way I feel. It is unoriginal,
> nothing new in gameplay or graphics, and forces my eyes closed when
> I
> play it.
>
> Your logic really is laughable. You say you haven't got a PS2. That
> means you must have played it elsewhere, and in doing so you have
> obviously not explored the game fully. To tell you the truth, i
> honestly think that you have never played GTA3 and are still trying to
> defend your earlier 'GTA3 is gay' comment.
>
> And you know that the average age, and intelligence, of these forums
> is considerably higher than you make out. Wild exaggerations won't
> help your cause.

What are you talking about? You must be insane if you think GTA3 is crap. It's not the best selling game on PS2 for know reason. I think you played it for 5 minutes, Said it was rubbish, played on it some more and when you realised how good it actually is, you had to say all this crap about 12 year olds and nothing new because your too proud to admit your wrong.
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:05
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
>
> 187 reviews mostly by 12 year olds. Yes, I'll listen to them. GTA3
> is
> crap, nothing you say will change the way I feel. It is unoriginal,
> nothing new in gameplay or graphics, and forces my eyes closed when
> I
> play it.
>
> Your logic really is laughable. You say you haven't got a PS2. That
> means you must have played it elsewhere, and in doing so you have
> obviously not explored the game fully. To tell you the truth, i
> honestly think that you have never played GTA3 and are still trying to
> defend your earlier 'GTA3 is gay' comment.
>
> And you know that the average age, and intelligence, of these forums
> is considerably higher than you make out. Wild exaggerations won't
> help your cause.

What are you talking about? You must be insane if you think GTA3 is crap. It's not the best selling game on PS2 for no reason. I think you played it for 5 minutes, Said it was rubbish, played on it some more and when you realised how good it actually is, you had to say all this crap about 12 year olds and nothing new because your too proud to admit your wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.