GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muse Are Rubbish"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
Sorry, but I think they are. I own (alright, have copied, same thing) both albums, and aside from the intro to Plug In Baby and some nice piano parts, the albums are monotonus.

It is very difficult to tell two songs apart - it just blends into one big mass of noise, none of which is particulery good to listen to.

Anyway - thats my opinion. Feel free to shout at me.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:01
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> While I'm on the subject - was given two Rage Against The Machine albs
> a week ago, and they're both rubbish as well.

Ok, Cheese boy, this is your opinion, and I respect that, but I am now going to have to crush it into a crumpled heap.
So you think Muse are crap?
Fair enough I thought, maybe just a one off, y'know, we all have very varied musical tastes.
But you think RATM are crap too?
I'm beginning to see a pattern emerging here.....

(Sorry, but I must say what I believe in)
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:21
Muse are good, I have Origin, but there no better than good, in my view. Bellamy's voice can get overbearing after listening to an album twice at a time, and so I tend to listen to Muse in short bursts. The opening riff to Plug In Baby is superb, and Muscle Museum and New Born are quality songs. I saw the music video for Deadstar on Kerrang, so maybe I'll give it a download. I must say that it doesn't sound that impressive to me after a half-hearted first listen. I might get Showbiz, and should get their new album. What does the DVD contain, as it sounds interesting...not that I was thinking of buying it...;D

Where's the instrumental Muse songs!? :D

Oh, and RATM rule!

"Ya braindead, you got a f@cking bullet in ya head!"
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:58
Regular
Meh, Rage are OK. Nothing special. But at least they don't have a whiney voiced singer who sounds like he's a eunuch.

Matt Bellamy. Git.
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
While I'm on the subject - was given two Rage Against The Machine albs a week ago, and they're both rubbish as well.
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:18
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Vottanator wrote:
> Yup, I want it now too but we'll have to wait till July 1st.
>
> However, have you heard Deadstar? Their new single. It's officially
> out on June 24th I think but I got a radio version on Kazaa.
>
> First few times, I was REALLY unimpressed (but I always am first time
> through any song) but now I love it. The chorus is just SOOO good!

Sweeeeeet.
I'm going to try to get Deadstar off Kazaa. It's really good that Muse are releasing a new album. I was starting to be afraid that they might turn into a band like Supergrass, y'know, be absolutely amazing and then just......stop (?).
Went to see Muse live in Plymouth last year, though. Absoluty fookin'-brilliant.
Mon 20/05/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep, Muse do suck.
Glad other people think so too.

Here's how to make a Muse song:

Take classical riff - preferably Belliose.
Play that riff on Piano for 8 bars.
Have all instruments distorted for 8 bars.
Instruments drop out except for bass and drum.
Have Matt "Jeff Buckley" Bellamy go up and down his octaves, preferably through a vocal-distorter.
Bridge to chorus, have all instruments go "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba"
Have Bellamy go "AAAWWWWOOOORRRAAAAGGGGHHHHH"
Repeat Belliose riff.

End.
Brit Award please.
Thanks
Mon 20/05/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
The albums do blend into each other, but each song is extremly diffent.

My fav tracks are muscle museum and New born - plus the cover of feeling good was quite good I thought too. Especially when they did it live.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yup, I want it now too but we'll have to wait till July 1st.

However, have you heard Deadstar? Their new single. It's officially out on June 24th I think but I got a radio version on Kazaa.

First few times, I was REALLY unimpressed (but I always am first time through any song) but now I love it. The chorus is just SOOO good!
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:53
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Vottanator wrote:
> Damn straight Blast boy. Muse are excellent!
>
> And their DVD is out on July 1st along with their album. Me cannot
> wait.

NEW ALBUM?? MUSE?? JULY 1ST??

Aww, but I want it now......
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think the bands guitar playing is great, their singing less so. I don't like listening to the band, and have no intrest in them whatsoever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.