GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muse Are Rubbish"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
Sorry, but I think they are. I own (alright, have copied, same thing) both albums, and aside from the intro to Plug In Baby and some nice piano parts, the albums are monotonus.

It is very difficult to tell two songs apart - it just blends into one big mass of noise, none of which is particulery good to listen to.

Anyway - thats my opinion. Feel free to shout at me.
Sat 25/05/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Back in black"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Who else do I think is rubbish...
>
> Linkin Park- awful
> System Of A Down (On the basis of one album - I hear the other one is
> better)- there first album is exellent!
> Alkaline Trio (Again, on the basis of one album)- yuck
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:43
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Private Eye is good, but the rest of the alb is terrible. It sounds the same all the way through.

I downloaded Sorry About That - which funning well rocks.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:02
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Who else do I think is rubbish...
>
> Linkin Park
> System Of A Down (On the basis of one album - I hear the other one is
> better)
> Alkaline Trio (Again, on the basis of one album)

Alkaline Trio!? How dare you! :) The Alks are the best thing in punk for ages...in my opinion, at least. Private Eye and Stupid Kid are their best songs, but I do find that album slightly irritating, in that a lot of the songs follow the same formula: open with a fast guitar riff, go into singing, end with a long, held riff. Heh!
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:33
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Sunburn's a bloody good song. (and suprisingly easy to play)
Don't you reckon, though, that if the new James Bond film was to do with some rich millionare playboy using the sun to blow up cities, thus holding the world to ransom, that 'Sunburn' would be such a good title track for it. Y'know, the song that plays after that pointless but exciting five minutes of action that has absolutely nothing to do with the film, to a film of strange effects and film student-like weirdness.
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:25
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I heard Toxicity. Yeah, maybe the songs on thier own are alright, but as an album...

It's just some bloke shouting over people playing guitars REALLY LOUD.
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I can see waht you mean. I used to love Linkin Park and listened to them all the time. But recently, I just can't seem to listen to them for any length of time. I listen to a few songs and then I find myself reaching for another minidisc. Strange.........but true. Dun dun dun...
Tue 21/05/02 at 11:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I used to think linkin park where good along time ago when they first appeared, but I can't seem to listen to their songs anymore without being annoyed. They where good to listen to at first, but after hearing the songs over and over again, it just made them sound crap. Now I think there one of the worst nu-metal-pop-crap bands around.

The one thing I really don't like about them is that they thnik they've come up with a new type of music, one which blends rock, sorry nu-metal and hip hop together. Great, two types of music I don't like. nu-metal, which now basically means pop-metal (cheap throwaway chart crap) and hip-hop, which I've never really been a fan of.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Everyone seems to forget Sunburn. That's their best song. In my opinion at least. And I got a live video version of it from Screendragon the other day, thinking it was the actual video.....which I really want to see!

Anyway, Linkin Park are good. Not as good as I once thought but still good.

And what SOAD album did you hear? Toxicity or their first one? Both are brilliant I think. I'm not sure which one is better though. The first has Spiders (their best song by far!), Sugar, Know and War? but the second has Aerials, Chop Suey, Toxicity, Forest and Deer Dance. I think the first is probably better but both are gret none the less.

Not heard any Alkaline Trio stuff. And I'm not a great fan of Rage Against the Machine. Everyone seems to love that Matrix song but it is SO repetitve. IT goeson forever (6 minutes is it) but it's all the same! Although I must admit, the best bit in the MAtrix Reloaded trailer is near the end when Neo does his little stance set up thingy and it goes "COME ON!". I'm rambling so I'll shut up.

But I have one last thing to say. Episode 2 was so disappointing. I may go see it again to make sure but I don't think it was very good. I'm on study leave right nbow anyway so it's not like I'm short on spare time.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:19
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Mouldy Cheese: Although I totally agree with you there.
Linkin Park are the suckiest, crappest nu-metal act around, next to crappy Limp Bizkit (TW@TS!!), System of a Down are a bit bollix, and although i've never heard any Alkaline whatsit, i'm assume the're less than good as well.....
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:12
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Who else do I think is rubbish...

Linkin Park
System Of A Down (On the basis of one album - I hear the other one is better)
Alkaline Trio (Again, on the basis of one album)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.