GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EARTHQUAKE!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 01:01
Regular
BBC News

Anyone else feel this latest one or is it just me? :/ Even my girlfriend who was standing right next to me couldnt feel it and just gives me strange looks for shouting "oh my god! what the hell!" :P
Wed 27/02/08 at 11:55
Staff Moderator
Okay, the radio was full of people's thrilling accounts of feeling a very slight rumble last night, but what I don't really understand is what causes earthquakes when we're not on any kind of faultline between tectonic plates?

My memories of secondary school geography have long since faded, so can anyone enlighten me?
Wed 27/02/08 at 11:31
"possibly impossible"
Hah. All worked up over a little shudder. Didn't even knock any houses over.
Wed 27/02/08 at 11:30
Regular
Click

Poor Nin and pb, now you have to put up with people talking about it all day.
Wed 27/02/08 at 11:28
"possibly impossible"
Nothing here, even further down than Bristol so wasn't expecting to. The earth didn't move for me :)
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'd gone to bed about 12:40 and I was in that strange state of being almost asleep when I sort of slowly came back to consciousness with a vague memory that my bed was shaking.

I was confused.
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
F**king typical. I went to bed early for the first time in over a year and slept right through it.
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:29
Regular
"..."
I don't really understand why we get Earthquakes in the UK. I remember all the tectonic plate theory from GCSE geography, but on all the maps i've seen showing the tectonic plates, none of them run anywhere near the UK (the nearest ones being off the coast of america and the very south of Europe.

If anyone understands why we can get epicentres in the UK, please explain...
Wed 27/02/08 at 10:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Didn't feel it in Bristol, but then again, I was asleep listening to music.

Imagine @ngel felt it, as she's not too far away from the epicentre!

Grr..I want to be awake next time.
Wed 27/02/08 at 09:31
Regular
lol poor Hamo ^^ when was the last one you had? As I mentioned before the 2002 one was mine and it was much stronger, the whole house was shaking violently. I wonder why these earthquakes only go off late at night and early morning, why never around lunch time? :/
Wed 27/02/08 at 09:26
Regular
"Birkenhead For Life"
Machie wrote:
> That's odd, I would have thought you would have felt it much more
> than me. My brother didnt feel it, he seemed rather disappointed
> lol.

I was a bit dissapointed!!, I was awake watching TV at the time as well, Im well gutted!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.