GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EARTHQUAKE!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 01:01
Regular
BBC News

Anyone else feel this latest one or is it just me? :/ Even my girlfriend who was standing right next to me couldnt feel it and just gives me strange looks for shouting "oh my god! what the hell!" :P
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:45
Regular
"cachoo"
Damn. I think that must've been on my old laptop which is broken.
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yeah it was just after 6am. I've still got that conversation in my message history somewhere. I thought a plane had come down at Heathrow.
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:25
Regular
"cachoo"
Nin wrote:
> The only thing similar to this i've ever experience was the gas
> station explosion in Luton a couple of years ago. I believe i was
> speaking to you at the time it happened.

Oh yes. Wasn't that quite early in the morning?
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I woke up looked at my phone which said 1:00 and went back to bed, no idea if I woke up because of the earthquake though, could be a coincidence.
Wed 27/02/08 at 15:06
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I briefly remember my geography teacher talking about earthquakes that happen away from fault lines (I recall her talking about a huge one in India). I can't remember her explaining it too well though.
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The only thing similar to this i've ever experience was the gas station explosion in Luton a couple of years ago. I believe i was speaking to you at the time it happened.
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:37
Regular
"cachoo"
Haha. I wonder what a lot of peoples first thoughts were.
I just assumed our house was about to fall down. Then, about a second later, thought the world was ending.
Then came the realisation it was an Earthquake. "Yay-omg-woo-no!"
Wed 27/02/08 at 13:35
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Well it woke me up. It felt like a band of orcs were drilling a tunnel under the house. In my sleepy state I didn't think "earthquake!" at the time, I just remember thinking "someone's drilling .. why is somebody drilling in the middle of the night ..."
Wed 27/02/08 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It's not Geography but Geology you should be looking at with most of the earthquakes we get in the UK. Most are caused by geological faults moving, which causes friction between the rocks and so produces an earthquake. Take a look at this map which shows the basic rock types across the UK. Faults don't always occur between rock types but can occur in a single rock type. I'm not going to go into fault theory as it is a bit complex but it's likely this latest earthquake was caused by one and has nothing to do with tectonic plate movement.
Wed 27/02/08 at 12:16
Regular
Geography was one of my weak subjects, Garin might know a bit but yeah I'd also like to know why we get such big ones every 20 odd years.

Was this one on par with ones you get in California or Japan? :) This might be a tiny bit of an exaggeration but my experience was just like this :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.