GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC looks......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
Apalling! Yesterday I bought a copy of G-Force magazine, for the simple fact it had a free DVD with Clips of games, Including Resi(Ohh my God it looks amazing, but probably the same game as the PS1). But to my shock looking on the top corner of the front cover was a cartoon picture with the caption "LEGEND OF ZELDA GC does it benefit from it's cartoon makeover?"
Apon reading that I quickly turned to the page the feature was on and it was all true, Nintendo had changed Link from a "Realistic" looking charactor to a cartoon. In this feature they even had the nerve to show the original Gamecube pictures of the Link-Ganondorf fight from E3 2000.
The gameplay when this game comes out will propbably be similar to that of the N64 versions, but this look won't work, the Japanese may like it but I doubt very much that the Yanks and us in Europe will accept the change.

I hope they still are developing the game shown at E3 2000 and this cartoon Zelda is just a side project.
Wed 22/05/02 at 22:21
I think it looks fine. it just that his eyebrows freak me out. XIII is cell shaded FPS and that looks cool!
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:25
Domzo wrote:
> The cel shaded looked as good as a game boy title the old zelda from
> the E3 2000 show with the battle between Link and Ganondorf were cool
> and I couldn't wait till it came out but now im soooooooooooo
> dissapointed.
> I've herd rumors that they are making two versions though! (Thank
> God)!

As I've said time and time again I'm still going to buy the cell-shaded version but I'd prefer it if it looked like the E3 2000 one, so if this rumour is true I'll have 2 excellent Zelda titles in my collection in the future.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I seen the video 2 days ago, and to tell you the truth i was gutted, they have ripped my heart from my chest and smeared it all over the wall.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:46
cookie monster wrote:
> I seen the video 2 days ago, and to tell you the truth i was gutted,
> they have ripped my heart from my chest and smeared it all over the
> wall.

Why do you say that?
Was it bad?
Tell me please I need to know, if you don't want to say tell me the site you saw it at and i'll see for myself, but my monitor ain't that good so any GC title lookworse than it really is so it'll probably be better to describe and give your opinion.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Basically although the game moves smoothly, i just cant see past what the thing looks like, for example, at the start of the movie i seen a viking boat with link in it, fair enough, but then it changes into "playing mode" and you see that you have to make the boat jump over obstacles and collect coins. Thats not what zeldas all about, there hasnt been a single incidence in the zelda games yet of such crapness.
Thu 23/05/02 at 13:01
Collecting coins isn't that what you do in Mario games, it's Rupees in Zelda not coins. Jumping obstacles doesn't sound too bad cos that's basically what was done at the start of Majora's mask, unless there was actually a jump button then that'll definately mean it's turning into somewhat of a Platformer, I like the jump system in OoT & Majora's Mask.
Thu 23/05/02 at 13:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You will need to see the video for yourself, this is just my personal opinion.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:02
i think u will find that the game u have seen is called CELDA they are launching this but they r also bringing out a much better 3d version later its like paper mario and mario 64 they r just seeing how much profits they can rake in from it but dont worry nintendo havent gone mad i saw the 3d clip at e3 aswell and i was shocked 2 see CELDA but its just a spin off the zelda u all kno an luv is coming but u will have to wait a bit longer

be paitent
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
thy_god_666 wrote:
> i think u will find that the game u have seen is called CELDA they are
> launching this but they r also bringing out a much better 3d version
> later its like paper mario and mario 64 they r just seeing how much
> profits they can rake in from it but dont worry nintendo havent gone
> mad i saw the 3d clip at e3 aswell and i was shocked 2 see CELDA but
> its just a spin off the zelda u all kno an luv is coming but u will
> have to wait a bit longer
>
> be paitent

no body has ever confirmed or mentioned anything about it being called CELDA, why the hell would they do that? the video even says Legend of Zelda. and it's highly doubtful that they are making a realistic version of Zelda, because they are also remaking OOT (hopefully). the E3 2001 Zelda is probably just a backup incase the new zelda doesn't fare well.
if you can't get past hte look of the game, then you will have problems and i suggest you start playing some SNES games to get your mind off of graphics
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:05
Regular
Hyrule Times looks brilliant, you fool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.