GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC looks......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
Apalling! Yesterday I bought a copy of G-Force magazine, for the simple fact it had a free DVD with Clips of games, Including Resi(Ohh my God it looks amazing, but probably the same game as the PS1). But to my shock looking on the top corner of the front cover was a cartoon picture with the caption "LEGEND OF ZELDA GC does it benefit from it's cartoon makeover?"
Apon reading that I quickly turned to the page the feature was on and it was all true, Nintendo had changed Link from a "Realistic" looking charactor to a cartoon. In this feature they even had the nerve to show the original Gamecube pictures of the Link-Ganondorf fight from E3 2000.
The gameplay when this game comes out will propbably be similar to that of the N64 versions, but this look won't work, the Japanese may like it but I doubt very much that the Yanks and us in Europe will accept the change.

I hope they still are developing the game shown at E3 2000 and this cartoon Zelda is just a side project.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:50
but when you think about it, this isn't the first time Nintendo has changed a 3D title into that cartoony effect - what about 'Paper Mario' ?
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:53
although i haven't played 'Paper Mario' so god know how they pulled it off.
Thu 16/05/02 at 19:29
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
thegerrid wrote:
> Uncle Albert wrote:
> Talking of IGNcube, is anyone here and IGNinsider? Only asking 'coz
> there's a main story on the front page today about Zelda, entitled
> "The story you don't want to read" that I can't access!
> It doesn't just sound like important news...it sound like important
> BAD news. :(
>
> any igninsiders please tell me what they say, unless it's pure
> speculation á la Rare Going Third Party, which was just
> something to tempt people into buying into IGNinsider. if the Zelda
> story has any important news, please, someone, post it

Please please someone let us know the (probably bad news)
Thu 16/05/02 at 19:36
if its game play your after then why not play a spectrum, no graphics just game play. As one of Nintendos flagship games Zelda has to be at its best both in game play and graphics. There is no point looking like a Disney reject or onion head. Link is ment to be a strong well hardened Hero, no a cartoon charater, yes i know there has been a cartoon.

but the original version looks best and why have two different looking apperance for the same charater on the same consol. the SMBM version was and will be here first so stick with it. just cos people say cell shading looks good doesn't mean it suit the game. i don't believe the Nintendo differance this time.
Fri 17/05/02 at 18:11
Call me a moron but what does SMBM stand for?
Fri 17/05/02 at 22:53
Super Mario Brother Melee sorry it proper title is Super Smash Brother melee my fault but most people gussed what i ment
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:50
People said that I'd get used to the cell-shaded Zelda when I see it more often, I have to say after seeing proper screenshots from E3 I have to say it doesn't look as bad as I first thought I am getting more used to it.
Wed 22/05/02 at 16:52
The cel shaded looked as good as a game boy title the old zelda from the E3 2000 show with the battle between Link and Ganondorf were cool and I couldn't wait till it came out but now im soooooooooooo dissapointed.
I've herd rumors that they are making two versions though! (Thank God)!
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
who here has seen the pre E3 press conference video of Zelda
everyone else can't really judge it properly, because as soon as you se it in action you will realise that we have a bonafide zelda on our hands here, the movement of linka nd his adversaries is a sight to behold, as are the weapon effects and the faire boss. it looks fantastic, and i thin kthat the cel shading really adds something to the graphics.i really can't wait to get my hands on this
Wed 22/05/02 at 20:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
French femenine voice......

'Ahhhhhhhh........Mr.Miyamoto, with these Zelda games, you are really spoiling us'

Miyamoto with smooth 'James Bond' voice.......

'Well my dear - one tries.........'

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.