GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC looks......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
Apalling! Yesterday I bought a copy of G-Force magazine, for the simple fact it had a free DVD with Clips of games, Including Resi(Ohh my God it looks amazing, but probably the same game as the PS1). But to my shock looking on the top corner of the front cover was a cartoon picture with the caption "LEGEND OF ZELDA GC does it benefit from it's cartoon makeover?"
Apon reading that I quickly turned to the page the feature was on and it was all true, Nintendo had changed Link from a "Realistic" looking charactor to a cartoon. In this feature they even had the nerve to show the original Gamecube pictures of the Link-Ganondorf fight from E3 2000.
The gameplay when this game comes out will propbably be similar to that of the N64 versions, but this look won't work, the Japanese may like it but I doubt very much that the Yanks and us in Europe will accept the change.

I hope they still are developing the game shown at E3 2000 and this cartoon Zelda is just a side project.
Thu 16/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> But you buy it for the gamplay and not the graphics!!
>
> And i'm also sure it'll be ok.
> Cel-shading looks great in action, i've seen it in Jet Set Radio and
> Tekken 3, but we don't like it cuz it doesn't suit an RPG's style and
> we were expecting what we saw at E3 2000.
>
> I still hope that it's all a big Ninty joke though!
> But that doesn't mean that I won't buy a Zelda game if it is
> cel-shaded.

So cell-shading doesn't suit RPGs? RPGs are traditionally Japanese, and therefore it suits the style perfectly.
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:08
Regular
The screenshots look a bit crap but it looks masterful when it's moving.

You'll never see anything so smooth!
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:08
i agree - you need to see it moving really. what you rather have, a cartoon, fantasy fairy boy, or a hyper realistic, million plus polygon fairy boy? I think making such a 'fantasy' series look realistic is a bad idea - besides its not out till late 2003 (and probably later - remember zelda 64) I expect nintendo will change everything about it besides the main character.
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:26
Does anyone know where I can download a video of it then? As you say I need to see it moving and if I can see it moving then it may help me get used to the Cell-shading.
I'm going to keep stressing that I am still going to buy it, for the gameplay not the Graphics.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:26
Regular
"keep your receipt"
go to:

http://cube.ign.com

then to to games, then zelda, then media.

Its a quicktime movie.

Hope that helps m8!
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:29
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Talking of IGNcube, is anyone here and IGNinsider? Only asking 'coz there's a main story on the front page today about Zelda, entitled "The story you don't want to read" that I can't access!
It doesn't just sound like important news...it sound like important BAD news. :(
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Whatever!"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Talking of IGNcube, is anyone here and IGNinsider? Only asking 'coz
> there's a main story on the front page today about Zelda, entitled
> "The story you don't want to read" that I can't access!
> It doesn't just sound like important news...it sound like important
> BAD news. :(

Im quite curious what that was all about aswell!
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:48
You watch the simpsons and yet thats cartoon, indeed its probably woorse cartoon than Zelda will be. Look at South Park in fact, the graphics are crap, what matters is what your watching. People watch these because they're worth watching, Zelda GC will be a completely new style of gameplay, and Nintendo should be commended for trying a new style, can you see PS2 or XBox trying something original, I don't think so. Nintendo games have always been about gameplay, wait for judging until somebody plays it, I promise you it'll be good.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
Two Zelda's.

One called Celda. Can't wait for that as its trying something new and as long as the gameplay is good it will be something very brilliant.

Another.

A remake of Ocarina of Time... new engine, new parts, same storyline. THAT WILL BE AMAZING.
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Talking of IGNcube, is anyone here and IGNinsider? Only asking 'coz
> there's a main story on the front page today about Zelda, entitled
> "The story you don't want to read" that I can't access!
> It doesn't just sound like important news...it sound like important
> BAD news. :(

any igninsiders please tell me what they say, unless it's pure speculation á la Rare Going Third Party, which was just something to tempt people into buying into IGNinsider. if the Zelda story has any important news, please, someone, post it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.