GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC looks......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
Apalling! Yesterday I bought a copy of G-Force magazine, for the simple fact it had a free DVD with Clips of games, Including Resi(Ohh my God it looks amazing, but probably the same game as the PS1). But to my shock looking on the top corner of the front cover was a cartoon picture with the caption "LEGEND OF ZELDA GC does it benefit from it's cartoon makeover?"
Apon reading that I quickly turned to the page the feature was on and it was all true, Nintendo had changed Link from a "Realistic" looking charactor to a cartoon. In this feature they even had the nerve to show the original Gamecube pictures of the Link-Ganondorf fight from E3 2000.
The gameplay when this game comes out will propbably be similar to that of the N64 versions, but this look won't work, the Japanese may like it but I doubt very much that the Yanks and us in Europe will accept the change.

I hope they still are developing the game shown at E3 2000 and this cartoon Zelda is just a side project.
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
"keep your receipt"
cookie-monster, what you said about the viking boat is FALSE. That judgement was based on a clip not even a second long! If I recorded a second-long clip of OoT, where Link cut a bush and collected a rupee, would you think that OoT was all about collecting rupees? NO! And Mario has deep roots in the coin-collecting game...and it's fantastic. As long as the game is challenging and engrossing who cares what you have to do in the game. people used to call Tetris shallow when they first saw it...hahaha!

And there is NOT two versions on the new Zelda. Revising the looks to the old, inferior style would be a major U-Turn in development and creating two at the same time would take ages. Stop moaning, because what is moaning going to do? It's not going to make Nintendo change their minds, and it's not going to dissuade us intelligible folk from the game. It just makes us think you're grumpy old men.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:53
I've totally changed my opinion on the Cel-Shaded Zelda. I know longer think it looks appalling but now it looks amazing in my eyes. The reasoning behind this change in opinion is due to me taking everyone's advice and watching the game in action, so I went to nintendo.com and downloaded the E3 trailer and I have to say the game in motion looks amazing.
I took me ages to actually download the trailer wot with my A/S exams, so much revision was needed (well playing my GC actually) So I haven't really been on the I-Net much over the past two weeks.
This game is a definate purchase for me and any other GC owner as by looking at it the controls will be similar to the n64 classics and with this original graphical touch on the game the experience is going to be unbeatable.
Mon 27/05/02 at 23:51
I also like Jet Set Radio that's also Cel-Shaded. I think it's the first cel-shaded game on a next gen console, perhaps the first ever not too sure about that though.
I think there's something wrong with me, it's just that's it's a change in the norm for a Zelda game.
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:45
This is going to sound a bit stupid but I really like the look of that XIII that's cel-shaded but I don't like the look of Zelda, doesn't that seem strange? It must be that I'm still not used to the new look.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:00
I think the new Zelda looks absolutely freakin' awesome! Cell-shading has never looked so good. Don't diss Nintendo for the new look...it is daring, refreshing, and I for one can't wait to play this game (and the revamped OOT!)
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:10
Regular
Zelda SNES graphics were amazing and i doubt you could fing 2d graphics as crisp on PS1.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:05
Regular
Hyrule Times looks brilliant, you fool!
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
thy_god_666 wrote:
> i think u will find that the game u have seen is called CELDA they are
> launching this but they r also bringing out a much better 3d version
> later its like paper mario and mario 64 they r just seeing how much
> profits they can rake in from it but dont worry nintendo havent gone
> mad i saw the 3d clip at e3 aswell and i was shocked 2 see CELDA but
> its just a spin off the zelda u all kno an luv is coming but u will
> have to wait a bit longer
>
> be paitent

no body has ever confirmed or mentioned anything about it being called CELDA, why the hell would they do that? the video even says Legend of Zelda. and it's highly doubtful that they are making a realistic version of Zelda, because they are also remaking OOT (hopefully). the E3 2001 Zelda is probably just a backup incase the new zelda doesn't fare well.
if you can't get past hte look of the game, then you will have problems and i suggest you start playing some SNES games to get your mind off of graphics
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:02
i think u will find that the game u have seen is called CELDA they are launching this but they r also bringing out a much better 3d version later its like paper mario and mario 64 they r just seeing how much profits they can rake in from it but dont worry nintendo havent gone mad i saw the 3d clip at e3 aswell and i was shocked 2 see CELDA but its just a spin off the zelda u all kno an luv is coming but u will have to wait a bit longer

be paitent
Thu 23/05/02 at 13:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You will need to see the video for yourself, this is just my personal opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.