GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"By the Power of Grayskull..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
Adam of Grayskull, sometimes known as He-Man on weekends, is to make a comeback, thanks to TDK Mediactive!

TDK Mediactive (the people who brought you... blank CDs) have just announced that they are to begin production on some brand new He-Man games on all major formats - news that will bring a tear of nostalgia to anyone over 18, surely. TDK have not released any further details about the He-Man titles, but they are expected to release this year, on all major consoles.

Now this, we approve of - lots more 80's cartoon videogame updates please. With the news that the the 'average gamer' is apparently between the age of 25-35, surely nostalgic videogame updates of TV classics are a massively untapped market? Who could pass up the chance to play as He-Man, Master of the Universe? Which narrow-minded fool could possibly resist wielding the Sword of Omens, as Lion-O, leader of the Thundercats? Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they wouldn't jump at the chance to defeat Megatron in an epic battle of the Transformers? No, of course not. It's just human nature that you feel this way.

Got any suggestions for classic TV cartoons that should be converted into a modern videogame? Come now, your childhood was littered with TV greats, just imagine how much joy a Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds game would bring into your life. Suggestions please!
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Ah yes, that's the one
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:12
I also think that Transformers would make a wicked game,I mean there must be as many Transformers as there are pokemon.
I also think that thundercats would be good also with the vehicles and weapons that they have got,then there's ulyseus 31 which you could make into a game on the same lines as skies of arcadia but traveling through space battling gods.
So if there are any games developer out there get your hand in pocket and start making these games that everybody is waiting for.
p.s:-
Wasn't there a Transformers game in the pipeline a few years back but was never released?
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:27
Regular
Never EVER compare Transformers to Pokémon!
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:55
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors!!!!

--

Damn straight. Best cartoon ever.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:52
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
>Is there anyone out there who can honestly
> say they wouldn't jump at the chance to defeat Megatron in an epic
> battle of the Transformers?

Psst... Over here...!
Maybe, I might of possibly, perhaps, if you're lucky, heard from someone who works for a games company, that there MIGHT be a Transformers game made at some point.. I'm guessing possibly for the X-Box.

..And I might even have some screenshots of a Jetfire model at home. Maybe. (Although it was just made for fun, not for the actual game. But still, they look mighty cool).

Yow ain't seen me, rioght?
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
LOL! Staff Hero!
Fantastic!
Thu 16/05/02 at 19:10
I HAAAAVE THE POOOWERRRRRRRRRR!! ..or whatever he used to yell.

My cousin had ALL the He-Man figures.. every single one. Ner ne ner. I just had one though. He swung round and smashed stuff with his big yellow arms, and had a shiny radar thingy on his belly. Heh....
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:18
Mystique wrote:
> Never EVER compare Transformers to Pokémon!

come come we all know you love pokemon really!!!!
Fri 17/05/02 at 23:38
Yeah He-Man was a cool cartoon, I still remember Skeletor's stoopid cackling laugh! I'm thinking... scrolling beat-em-up maybe, as Companies seem to have given up with scrolling beat-em-ups, and they were cool.
Also Transformers would kick butt too. 3D wireframe Transformers actually changing to suit the level type, and you could play as either the Autobots or Decepticons. You could have a Starfox style level with Starscream and the other jets, or a race against the clock, road-rage kind of racing level with Jazz who then transforms into robot form as the level phases into a platform shoot-em-up! Ratchet could heal/fix the other robots and stuff. The potential is amazing!!! I'll have to shut-up now, cause I could go on for ever about that classic cartoon.
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:14
How about the Space Sentinels? Strong white bloke, fast asian bloke, and blaxploitation chick who morphs into animals.

I just bought the entire series of Ulysses 31 on VCD for a tenner. And it's still good.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.