GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"By the Power of Grayskull..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
Adam of Grayskull, sometimes known as He-Man on weekends, is to make a comeback, thanks to TDK Mediactive!

TDK Mediactive (the people who brought you... blank CDs) have just announced that they are to begin production on some brand new He-Man games on all major formats - news that will bring a tear of nostalgia to anyone over 18, surely. TDK have not released any further details about the He-Man titles, but they are expected to release this year, on all major consoles.

Now this, we approve of - lots more 80's cartoon videogame updates please. With the news that the the 'average gamer' is apparently between the age of 25-35, surely nostalgic videogame updates of TV classics are a massively untapped market? Who could pass up the chance to play as He-Man, Master of the Universe? Which narrow-minded fool could possibly resist wielding the Sword of Omens, as Lion-O, leader of the Thundercats? Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they wouldn't jump at the chance to defeat Megatron in an epic battle of the Transformers? No, of course not. It's just human nature that you feel this way.

Got any suggestions for classic TV cartoons that should be converted into a modern videogame? Come now, your childhood was littered with TV greats, just imagine how much joy a Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds game would bring into your life. Suggestions please!
Wed 15/05/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Got any suggestions for classic TV cartoons that should be converted
> into a modern videogame?

I was actually going to do a post about this soon.....
The idea was about how many developers had run out of ideas for good games/game characters, so they looked to the 70's & 80's for inspiration.
Wed 15/05/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Transformers definitley!
And yes!! How can no-one have made a game of 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors'!! I remember getting up early every morning, about 6:30, just to watch this and other stuff, like Heathcliffe.

Now that I think about it, I have a feeling that there was a GameBoy version of JatWW?? Maybe not, but an X-box, PS2, or even GameCube version would be much better!

Don't make a game of Heathcliffe though. That'd be like Garfield!
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Give it up for:

Rude Dog and the Dweebs

and

Denver the Last Dinosaur ("he's our friend and a whole lot more" - bizarre paedo reference there!)
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> A cel-shaded Centurions game would own.
>
> POWER EXTREME!

Thats the one, M.A.S.K as well, transformers and visionaries (sp?) The guys who could change into animals to battle.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Visionaries - I was thinking of that yesterday as a matter of fact!
That'd surely make another good game, but I never really watched the cartoon much.

I remember M.A.S.K. too. My dad brought me a few videos of them, mistaking them for the Transformers I think. Even though I didn't like it that much, you get probably get a good game from it.

Anyone remember Pole Position?? Yes, another early-morning Channel 4 program. They had cars that could fly and stuff - that'd be cool.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:13
Regular
"Tag as above"
I remeber pole position, I think transformers would be make a great game of some sort.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"That's right!"
"Dogtanian."

Man, that brings back memories

A He-Man game would rule! What about Sheirah (however you spell it) you know, the female version of He-Man
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
*Wipes a tear from eye*

All this nostalgia...'tis beautiful to see...
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:45
"Darkness, always"
Mysterious Cities of Gold and Ulysses....
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:45
"Darkness, always"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "Dogtanian."
>
> Man, that brings back memories
>
> A He-Man game would rule! What about Sheirah (however you spell it)
> you know, the female version of He-Man

it was She-Ra.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.