GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"By the Power of Grayskull..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
Adam of Grayskull, sometimes known as He-Man on weekends, is to make a comeback, thanks to TDK Mediactive!

TDK Mediactive (the people who brought you... blank CDs) have just announced that they are to begin production on some brand new He-Man games on all major formats - news that will bring a tear of nostalgia to anyone over 18, surely. TDK have not released any further details about the He-Man titles, but they are expected to release this year, on all major consoles.

Now this, we approve of - lots more 80's cartoon videogame updates please. With the news that the the 'average gamer' is apparently between the age of 25-35, surely nostalgic videogame updates of TV classics are a massively untapped market? Who could pass up the chance to play as He-Man, Master of the Universe? Which narrow-minded fool could possibly resist wielding the Sword of Omens, as Lion-O, leader of the Thundercats? Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they wouldn't jump at the chance to defeat Megatron in an epic battle of the Transformers? No, of course not. It's just human nature that you feel this way.

Got any suggestions for classic TV cartoons that should be converted into a modern videogame? Come now, your childhood was littered with TV greats, just imagine how much joy a Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds game would bring into your life. Suggestions please!
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
A decent Flintstones game would be cool! Something better than that racing game on PS2 anyway.

Preferably not a platform game, maybe a bowling sim, but a real bowling sim, not some crappy gimmick-y one like Bedrock Bowling on the PS and PC.
Mon 20/05/02 at 21:01
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Staff Plonker.

Heh.
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Remember 'The Hurricanes'??
It was that lame and completelt unrealistic cartoon about a football team.

No, I don't think it would make a good game, it would be pants - like the cartoon! Actually, i've got a feeling there was a game of this??

Ok then, what about DangerMouse! That was excellent!
It'd also be the first time David Jason's voice has appeared in a game - unless.... actually I think there was a game of thiss quite recently too?
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:55
There was a transformers game for the Commodore 64 if I remember rightly. It was indeed great but an up to date ersion would certainly rock.

Perhaps Duckula in a Spyro/Jak and daxter platform puzzler.
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:15
I haff the purr!!!

- Dolph Lundgren in the He-man movie
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:14
How about the Space Sentinels? Strong white bloke, fast asian bloke, and blaxploitation chick who morphs into animals.

I just bought the entire series of Ulysses 31 on VCD for a tenner. And it's still good.....
Fri 17/05/02 at 23:38
Yeah He-Man was a cool cartoon, I still remember Skeletor's stoopid cackling laugh! I'm thinking... scrolling beat-em-up maybe, as Companies seem to have given up with scrolling beat-em-ups, and they were cool.
Also Transformers would kick butt too. 3D wireframe Transformers actually changing to suit the level type, and you could play as either the Autobots or Decepticons. You could have a Starfox style level with Starscream and the other jets, or a race against the clock, road-rage kind of racing level with Jazz who then transforms into robot form as the level phases into a platform shoot-em-up! Ratchet could heal/fix the other robots and stuff. The potential is amazing!!! I'll have to shut-up now, cause I could go on for ever about that classic cartoon.
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:18
Mystique wrote:
> Never EVER compare Transformers to Pokémon!

come come we all know you love pokemon really!!!!
Thu 16/05/02 at 19:10
I HAAAAVE THE POOOWERRRRRRRRRR!! ..or whatever he used to yell.

My cousin had ALL the He-Man figures.. every single one. Ner ne ner. I just had one though. He swung round and smashed stuff with his big yellow arms, and had a shiny radar thingy on his belly. Heh....
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
LOL! Staff Hero!
Fantastic!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.